CONTEST - Ultra Agent Codename

bp_1401756351__ultra_agents_logo.jpg

Astor City is under siege by an unknown group of supreme Super Villains with a secret agenda but fighting against these fearsome foes is an elite squad of Ultra Agents trained to combat all forms of espionage. The Ultra Agents are in dire need of new recruits while at the same time the Super Villains always desire another havoc bringer among their ranks. Which side shall you choose or is the life of a double agent more your speed?

CONTEST

Challenge: Create a codename for a new Ultra Agent or Super Villain

Brainstorm some ideas of a codename for your Ultra Agent or Super Villain, pick the one you like best, then write up a private message titled

• Like 1

A small reminder, I appreciate a good laugh much as the next guy but please make a better effort of noticing the "your entry must be completely original and brand new" rule. You know it really is much easier for me to simply ignore those kinds of joke messages altogether. Let me put it this way, if you can't submit something seriously then I won't take it seriously. Get my drift?

I will admit this has only been a couple days in but seems like people are having more difficulty coming up with codename for either side of the spectrum than the Pirate ship one. Understandable so here I will try to see if I can come up with a few ways of helping members in getting creative. Let's see.

To start off, here is a list of all minifigures from Agents 1.0 & 2.0 well as the current Ultra Agents. Reading over those can help give an idea as to what has already been done before and a little inspiration towards your own ideas.

One way that may help is to go in a different direction of thinking with the codename creation such as starting with a character's 'callsign'. Technically the same thing but whatever works. Remember the many characters from G.I. Joe? Duke, Snake Eyes, Scarlet, to name a few. How about Transformers with Ironhide, Swindle, Prowl, Sideswipe, etcetera? Now let's go down the road looking at some all-time classic spies with James Bond, Peter Gunn, Nick Fury, or Maxwell Smart. They had a nice blend of action with debonair; plus just cool to say. Haha.

So basically with everything considered, the codename of a spy or secret agent can be from a simple call sign like Lazerhawk or Icebox to more of a full blown action-packed name such as Rex Power Colt or Magnus Masterson.

In any case, just have fun with it and hopefully this helps. :)

• 2 weeks later...

How many entries are there so far?

The low turnout could be due to the fact that in general, Secret Agents themes aren't as popular as Pirates/Ships themes.

Actually there are a handful of entries for both sides of Ultra Agents and Super Villains. I'm impressed.

My problem was coming up with cool AND original name. It was always one or the other, never both.

You could have tried coming up with a quirky pun perhaps. ;) This was a more difficult challenge than the Pirate ship one, I'll give you that.

Now I do not want to give anything away just yet but rest assured there will be an actual prize for the winners thanks to the generosity of a certain member who I will not reveal at this point in time same as the prize. I believe it will be well worth your time if you took part for the heck of it.

I assume the winner will be chosen based on a majority in the polls?

This is a two category contest and the winner of either one shall be chosen based on peoples votes so yes although this time I was going to try a different means of voting more similar to the Eurobricks method for a change of pace.

Anyway, the entry submission timeframe has now officially closed. I will not accept any new entries or modify old ones past this point. The voting period shall begin shortly. Thank you everyone who participated.

• Like 3

Allow me to apologize for taking a little longer than I wanted to get the voting process going. A lot of distractions have been popping up lately among other things but I can assure you the guidelines and such has been laid out with just a few bits left to tweak. Anyway, I am impressed with the sheer amount of entries people have come up with. I mean the overall list is almost twice as big as the Pirate ship one if you can believe that.

Vote y'all. Early and often;)

I agree with the vote early part. The vote often part might be a little bit against the rules though.

Yes, I would suggest to vote early but not often as that is against the rules. On here you only have a half hour I think to edit a reply after posting which works for the contest as Eurobricks usually also has a stipulation about not editing a post after a certain amount of time otherwise it will be rejected from the final tally. I made the note about being sure what to vote for beforehand and the rule to only vote once as a means of keeping people from simply posting a bunch of times or trying to revote because they reconsidered.

On that note, I suggest everyone to take their time in thinking about what to put their points towards before placing your ballet in the box as it were. In any case, this is just for fun after all. :)

I agree with the vote early part.  The vote often part might be a little bit against the rules though.

Yes, I would suggest to vote early but not often as that is against the rules. On here you only have a half hour I think to edit a reply after posting which works for the contest as Eurobricks usually also has a stipulation about not editing a post after a certain amount of time otherwise it will be rejected from the final tally. I made the note about being sure what to vote for beforehand and the rule to only vote once as a means of keeping people from simply posting a bunch of times or trying to revote because they reconsidered.

On that note, I suggest everyone to take their time in thinking about what to put their points towards before placing your ballet in the box as it were. In any case, this is just for fun after all. :)

It was kind of meant as a joke, I just wanted to bump the voting thread.

Since the turnout of members who voted was rather low, I am willing to extend the voting period to another seven days or at least until a decent amount of people decide to pick some winners. To vote, please use the topic in this link and read the rules carefully. Any questions you have can be asked here. I will 'bump' this thing at different intervals in the hopes of gaining attention for those who may not have seen this.