Lego Summer 2014 Catalog Observations

odysea11

Just received the Summer catalog and noticed a few interesting things as I'm sure many of you have. Open it up and right there on the first page is the SSD. Hmmmmmm.

Also just interesting that the Cinderella Castle is not included.

Not reading into anything...just simply observations.

Personally, I'm not surprised. I think LEGO is dramatically increasing the production run time of their sets... especially the large and popular ones, ie. DS, SSD, as we've seen with other sets like the modulars. If LEGO were to retire the SSD, I'd bet my money on late-December or early January, since that seems to be around the time that LEGO retires large sets, in my experience.

• 1 month later...

No idea what these are, but I'll stick them in here just in case...

http://catalogs.lego.com/BrandCatalog/nl_nl/NL_2HY2014/

http://catalogs.lego.com/BrandCatalog/de_de/2HY2014/

It looks like these a promos for "newer" sets, since there is not a single modular. Also, they advertise Winter Village Market, which is marked as "retired" in Europe. They do refer to older sets as well. Confusingly, DE and NL version differer in many details. For example NL version has Rancor Pit and medium X-wing, while DE version does not have them

Also missing are many of the exclusives...TB, VW, Sopwith, etc. So, I don't think we can take anything from it....unless it means ALL the exclusives not listed, are set to retire!! lol  Perhaps this is a whole seller catalogue, and they are not permitted to order exclusives, to resell...which is why they are not listed.

No idea what these are, but I'll stick them in here just in case...

http://catalogs.lego.com/BrandCatalog/nl_nl/NL_2HY2014/

http://catalogs.lego.com/BrandCatalog/de_de/2HY2014/

It looks like these a promos for "newer" sets, since there is not a single modular. Also, they advertise Winter Village Market, which is marked as "retired" in Europe. They do refer to older sets as well. Confusingly, DE and NL version differer in many details. For example NL version has Rancor Pit and medium X-wing, while DE version does not have them

The WVM will be around later this year, there was a big argument about it a few months ago. The winter sets have had at least 2 or 3 outings, I really can't see this set be any different, I'm hoping the cottage is done, I don't think they can eek out any more sales of this set to truely justify another production run.

Also missing are many of the exclusives...TB, VW, Sopwith, etc. So, I don't think we can take anything from it....unless it means ALL the exclusives not listed, are set to retire!! lol Perhaps this is a whole seller catalogue, and they are not permitted to order exclusives, to resell...which is why they are not listed.

I am pretty sure it is some sort of "kids catalog". There must be another version, with serious sets

Also missing are many of the exclusives...TB, VW, Sopwith, etc. So, I don't think we can take anything from it....unless it means ALL the exclusives not listed, are set to retire!! lol  Perhaps this is a whole seller catalogue, and they are not permitted to order exclusives, to resell...which is why they are not listed.

The catalogs generally only list new sets though don't they and are not very big, more of a pamphlet.

Man I missed getting those kind of catalogs in my LEGO sets. :( This was back in 1980 something for you kids ;)

Like these?  Still fun to look through every now and then.

2v9vswg.jpg

Look at all those awesome classic space sets....

9rpxsz.jpg

• Like 4