New to Investing not collecting opinions on investments

Hi, Names Justin proably never introduced myself in introduce yourself topic. 

Im in Chicago area. 

Just started investing a month ago though i have been collecting lego for awhile and have kept up with trends and whats new.

Here is my list of investments so far more to be added every week.

2 Grand Emporiums have 4 total one is gfs built and one for later to add onto it. 150 a piece after 5% discount 1 i got for 3 rovers trade.

1 Haunted House have 2 ones for collection plan to get many more. 180 a piece after vip rewards.

1 sopwith camel picked up at 50 dollars NIP some box stress. 

7 mars rovers i may keep one depending on the value these may reach. purchased at $31.

thats all i have for selling so far. Is this a good start and is there any other sets besides vw camper and winter village stuff i should be looking out for? 

i plan on getting many HH and Batman Arkham Asylums.

thanks for reading

Welcome, fellow Chicagoan! There have been quite a few introducing themselves recently. IMHO those are solid investments. I might add a few of the large Star Wars sets and the LEGO Architecture Fallingwater set, but otherwise, I think you have the bases covered. 

Thanks and Hi! ive been on the edge of buying Star Wars sets because im not a huge fan so getting stuck with them is not something i would like. I may get some R2s if funds allow i believe in that set and later also ewok village is a set id like for myself so not bad if i cant sell later, but its fairly new. Falling water is a retiring set?

Thanks and Hi! ive been on the edge of buying Star Wars sets because im not a huge fan so getting stuck with them is not something i would like. I may get some R2s if funds allow i believe in that set and later also ewok village is a set id like for myself so not bad if i cant sell later, but its fairly new. Falling water is a retiring set?

I'm personally a fan of Star Wars, so I enjoy investing in the sets. Fallingwater has been out for going on 4 years, so I think it will be going out the door really soon.

By the way not that it matters but im only 20 so i dont have a ton saved up i just buy weekly with income.

Once you start selling, buying gets SO much easier. Nevertheless, it looks like you've made very admirable progress buying.

By the way if anyone can tell me how to change that little minifigure under my picture thanks.

That image is dependant on the number of posts you have. For example, I have over 3k posts, so I get the Brick Trader figure. I knew the specs a while ago on the amount of posts per avatar, but I'll have to dig it up for you now that I've forgotten. :P

Here we go, a post from MartinP: 

If my memory is correct, here are the following Brickpicker titles and how many posts you need;

Brickpicker: 0 posts

Brick Broker: 100 posts

Brick Troller: 250 posts

Brickulator: 500 posts

Brick Advisor: 750 posts

Brick Analyst: 1000 posts

Brick Manager: 1500 posts

Brick Trader: 3000 posts

Brickvestor: 5000 posts

Chief Brick Officer: 7500 posts

Chairman of the Brick: 10000 posts.

A Moderator, TheOrcKing is almost at the 10k mark. Currently, there are no members above the level Brickvestor (Donotinsertinmouth with 7.1k posts).

Look at it this way: Post more and it'll change! 

Post useful stuff though, don't be another hxckid (hehe)

In general - Star wars exclusives do well but the other Star Wars sets are hit or miss. As with any investment, do your research before purchasing.

That and almost any set over 50% off is worth it from a brick standpoint, particularly if you plan to part sets out or run a BrickLink parts store.

And welcome!

I'm personally a fan of Star Wars, so I enjoy investing in the sets. Fallingwater has been out for going on 4 years, so I think it will be going out the door really soon.

Once you start selling, buying gets SO much easier. Nevertheless, it looks like you've made very admirable progress buying.

That image is dependant on the number of posts you have. For example, I have over 3k posts, so I get the Brick Trader figure. I knew the specs a while ago on the amount of posts per avatar, but I'll have to dig it up for you now that I've forgotten. :P

I like the bigger SW sets like the UCS stuff but I'm afraid to put my money into it right now. I'm sure it will be, I'd like to be able to fund investing all off of sales at some point later down the road.

Thanks I had no idea I thought people were just able t customize that. It'd be neat if you could serves no real purpose though.

Post useful stuff though, don't be another hxckid (hehe)

In general - Star wars exclusives do well but the other Star Wars sets are hit or miss. As with any investment, do your research before purchasing.

That and almost any set over 50% off is worth it from a brick standpoint, particularly if you plan to part sets out or run a BrickLink parts store.

And welcome!

Thanks!

Not planning to part stuff out I have a BrickLink account but only for purchasing. I'd like to keep sets whole unless the potential profit is substantially more.

I guess I'm gonna be kinda the big set investor I prefer modular or nice display adult liked items.

Thanks!

Not planning to part stuff out I have a BrickLink account but only for purchasing. I'd like to keep sets whole unless the potential profit is substantially more.

I guess I'm gonna be kinda the big set investor I prefer modular or nice display adult liked items.

I agree with displaying quality sets. My house and condo are full of great display sets.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Brickpicker mobile app

Sounds like a good collection. Just remember patience is key in the game of investing. Unlike the stock market where people often think of investors buying stocks and selling them days later for massive profits LEGO for the most part if a hold and wait strategy. Most people try and get sets at massive discount near retirement and then sit on them for a couple years. It can be hard waiting years, especially when you dont have a backlog of sets to sell while buying new sets like some of us who have been doing this for awhile (i started in 09') but once you get past that initial year or two you will be very glad you got into lego investing.

Yes I have patience I planed on holding onto some of these for years or till I see the profit I would like out of each set. I know investing is not something you can just by and flip sometimes you get lucky.

Some sets I'm getting are because I don't like waiting till last minute funds are available just trying to use many discounts as I can.

I live near a legoland discover center so I bought an annual pass for 42 dollars gets me 10% off all purchases.

I can't wait to start seeing the profits later and being able to fund investments with previous investments. Right now and for long time will be coming out of my checks.

I'm near it maybe half hour drive from Schaumburg. They have most the same stuff they had rovers that's how I got those. Heard maybe getting another shipment in today there so if your close call and hold if your looking for those. No buy limit there either you can buy the whole store if you want.