Hello from Singapore...What is LEGO investing?

Most all Lego sets are only produced for around 2 years. Once the sets are no longer being made they are reffered to as EOL ( end of line) or I like to say end of life. Once they become EOL the price that people are willing to pay to acquire these sets goes up. There are many factors that drive the prices in the secondary market. If you want to get into LEGO investing my advice is this.....doe some research on which sets are soon to become EOL, then pick some up, yes LEGOs are expensive but if you choose the right sets you will see a good return on your money. Note that most of the time LEGo investing is not a short term thing. Most of us here wait anywhere from 2 to 5 years to sell the sets after they EOL. In some rare cases you can buy a set that is still available and sell it for a profit but that doesn't happen all to often. I don't know what retail prices for LEGo are where you live but here in America we seems to have the lowest prices. I hope this helps. I suggest you read through the forums and also read the articles that members have written as they are very helpful and full of great investing information. Feel free to ask questions in the forum, no one will belittle for what you think is a stupid question. Most likely someone has already asked the same question but if you can't find an answer just ask, all of us here are very helpful and knowledgeable. Hope this helps and good luck if you decide to start investing. Let us know if you need any advice on getting started.

Basically, investing in LEGO sets starts with buying new and used LEGO sets that you believe will increase in value over time, then selling these sets several months to years later for a profit. LEGO sets are discontinued by the company on a regular basis, so older, retired and out of production sets usually become more valuable. May I suggest to you looking at our Brickvesting Blog as a start. Go back to the oldest article to start with. This might help you get a feel for LEGO investing.

Also, look at the Frequently Asked Questions to get some more answers...