Summer 2014 Sets Available

I was at the LEGO store yesterday and they had several new sets on the shelves that I have not seen available on LEGO Shop at Home yet.  They were:

60032 Arctic Snowmobile

60035 Arctic Outpost

60036 Arctic Base Camp

60051 Passenger Train

60052 Cargo Train

I also saw some Agents sets, but the only one I can remember is 70165 Ultra Agents HQ.

I'm not sure if this is the case in all LEGO stores or not, but I thought it was odd, since I didn't think that these sets would be out yet.

The Arctic sets give a good selection of orange pieces but all I really want is the sled dogs and parkas. On a somewhat related note, has anyone else thought of making a Lego version of John Carpenter's "The Thing"? (I finally found the good poster I came across years ago. Awesome, isn't it?)

6293354572_0bd5c6aef8_b.jpg

>The Thing by Toy Master, on Flickr

• Like 2

The Arctic sets give a good selection of orange pieces but all I really want is the sled dogs and parkas. On a somewhat related note, has anyone else thought of making a Lego version of John Carpenter's "The Thing"? (I finally found the good poster I came across years ago. Awesome, isn't it?)

This is exactly what I was thinking. I cant wait to do a "thing" Moc.

• 2 weeks later...

You know, seeing these Arctic sets in store - I can't help thinking the City packaging needs some updates. I think these sets look really cool in the photos and such, but the boxes make them come off as more ho-hum. Update the CITY packaging, or give these little subthemes like mining, or arctic, their own separate packaging.

You know, seeing these Arctic sets in store - I can't help thinking the City packaging needs some updates. I think these sets look really cool in the photos and such, but the boxes make them come off as more ho-hum. Update the CITY packaging, or give these little subthemes like mining, or arctic, their own separate packaging.

The packaging it okay, but an update would make the sets seem better and probably make them sell better.