Buy these sets now?

This isn't a investment question but similar in nature. I've been looking at getting these sets just for myself, not for investment purposes.:

Jabba's Sail Barge 75020 $88.41
Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter 75018 $59.44
AT-TE 75019 $66.31

Do you think now is a good time to get them, or will there be chances to get these cheaper still? I've collected for a while, but never really paid attention to any sale cycles until more recently. I noticed the JB Sail Barge and AT-TE have been on sale for a while. Jek-14s Fighter seems to be getting a bit cheaper more recently. Like I said, I just want them for my collection, and still NIB, but as cheap as possible.

I think you can get better deals on all three. Not all at once, but with a little patience surely these sets will show up for 30-35% off, if not more. I don't think these set are retiring anytime soon, so you can wait, if you are looking for a better deal.

At those prices Stateside, I wouldn`t buy them. I think your money could be better invested elsewhere quite frankly, unless you could get a further discount. Now if you were in Canada, the only one I`d buy would be Sail Barge and maybe At-Te. Definitely not the Jek  :thumbsup:

Everyone obviously has their own rules, but for MOST sets, you are more or less assured to find them at a 30% or more discount before they go End of Life. Those prices are about 25%, which isn't god awful. Depending on your shopping options, for example, you could buy B&****** 20% giftcards from Cardpool, use a 15-20% off B&****** coupon and a B&****** membership to get each of these sets for 40-45% off. 

I would also guess when these sets are clearanced from Target, the Jek will hit 50% off. I doubt the Sail Barge will get past 30% there though. Another 5% redcard discount.

Also depends on how much work you are willing to do. Time is money also. It may not be worth an extra 5-10% off for the hassles.

Also, forgot to mention it, but if you don't care if they are used, currently available sets can usually be had used at 40-50% off as well - checking Ebay/Bricklink. If I am getting something for my personal collection, I typically try to go the used route if the price difference makes it worth it.

Thanks for the info. General concensus seems to be to wait. I haven't seen the prices for the sets I was looking for as low as some of you have mentioned. I only started really looking for the deals more recently. I think I'm just going to hold off for now. Plus, I got my sets I ordered over the weekend to look forward to building anyhow. Thanks.

Also, forgot to mention it, but if you don't care if they are used, currently available sets can usually be had used at 40-50% off as well - checking Ebay/Bricklink. If I am getting something for my personal collection, I typically try to go the used route if the price difference makes it worth it.

I thought about it for sure, but I prefer new. Even though I know I am going to open it. Part of the fun for me is getting to open a new set.