YoYo.com and their incredible packing skills

naf

Received my first ever shipment from yoyo.com today.  This is the box that arrived, pretty sizeable.  What could be in it?  Perhaps a couple Jabba's Sail Barges?  Dolphin Cruisers?

2s6pshx.jpg

ftd26d.jpg

Lots of packing material, that's a good sign.

11rsppz.jpg

Nope, just a few baseplates.  I just thought it was kind of comical and wanted to share.  I ordered a handful of these baseplates over the weekend and was surprised to see a 3 foot wide box sitting on my porch when I got home from work yesterday.  Better to be overpackaged than the other way around.  I think we can safely assume you won't be getting any pancakes from  yoyo!

I'ld love to get some but after the raised prices on x-large gray and road plates I'm not exactly sure I want to pay that much for them...

That's why I bought them at yoyo.com.  They were under $10 each with coupon stacking.

Do they do that on every shipment though? Seems like a fluke. Lego.com sent me the wedding set with a ton of packing material but when they sent the 5 larger sets they were al packed together with one piece of "air bubble pouch" or whatever and had creases.

Do they do that on every shipment though? Seems like a fluke. Lego.com sent me the wedding set with a ton of packing material but when they sent the 5 larger sets they were al packed together with one piece of "air bubble pouch" or whatever and had creases.

I have no idea what they usually do, it was my first yoyo order.  I just thought it was funny enough to share, it's like the opposite of the usual pancake horror stories.

Last fall I ordered 2 Funhouse Escapes from Toys R Us;  they shipped in a box that measured 8"x36"x48" with nothing in the box besides the two sets and an invoice.

That's happened to me before from TRU.  Luckily it was shipped from a warehouse about an hour from my house so it didn't get banged around too much.

There sister diapers.com too.  I have ordered hundreds of sets from yoyo and diapers and have never returned a single one.  Lego is a close second if not tied for first.  Can't say the same for Amazon and Walmart. 

I'm never too impressed with LEGO's packing, but FedEx treats their boxes a little more gentle.

I'm never too impressed with LEGO's packing, but FedEx treats their boxes a little more gentle.

Yeah, Lego's not great(not bad either), but I've never needed to send anything back yet, either. 

TRU is the only place I have declined a set due to it being beat up.  Amazon's nearest warehouse is just down in KC, so their stuff doesn't travel too terribly far to get a chance to get beat up. 

Yeah, Lego's not great(not bad either), but I've never needed to send anything back yet, either. 

TRU is the only place I have declined a set due to it being beat up.  Amazon's nearest warehouse is just down in KC, so their stuff doesn't travel too terribly far to get a chance to get beat up. 

That's where I'm fortunate here with TRU shipping.  TRU distribution in Groveport, OH is only about 2 hrs from me (a little west of Columbus).  I sometimes get stuff from the New Jersey center as well.  If they put it in an envelope, it doesn't matter how short the trip is.