What should I sell this for on eBay Newbie needs advice! :)

trekgate502

Hi,

I think this is my first thread post.  Please be gentle on me if I have done something wrong!

I acquired the following bulk lot of lego's.

I weighed and without containers it is approx 44lb of lego's.

There may be a few non lego pieces (part of a megablok pirate ship) but the vast vast majority is lego's.

It came from a non smoking family and includes parts from City, Castle, Pirates, Space, Star Wars, Rock Raiders and more.

There are a few manuals, but most manuals are not there or not complete.

Does anyone see any mini figure's that are super valuable?  (there is some pieced together, others loose I didn't try to put back together).

But the main question is - if you listed this on eBay with free shipping to the US, what would you want for it to sell it?

$300,400,500 or more?

Trying to get an idea of what to sell it for.

There is one main photo and then several zoomed in photos.

Thanks!

post-31357-0-18385400-1397606736_thumb.j

post-31357-0-71423400-1397606747_thumb.j

post-31357-0-82252600-1397606761_thumb.j

post-31357-0-74311500-1397606776_thumb.j

post-31357-0-88220500-1397606791_thumb.j

post-31357-0-30232700-1397606807_thumb.j

Hi. Welcome to the site. Looks like you have some older sets there. You have to remove the Mega Bloks for the lot to be worth anything. See if you can clean up the blocks and remove non-LEGO pieces. You can probably get in the $200-$300 range if you have around 40 pounds of clean LEGO bricks and mini figures.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Guest brickcrazyhouse

make sure to figure out what shipping is going to be, before you list it.  

edit:  or wait for the brick classified to start and see if any one with a bricklink store will have any sets you want for trade

Enter the numbers of the sets you are somewhat sure to have mostly complete here: http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/lego_lot_price_calculator.cfm and be sure to select "used". Most buyers probably consider 1/3 or 1/2 of that value a viable lot to buy, so you might start an auction with that. When you list the lot on Ebay, be sure to include a list of the numbers on the manuals too.

In general: if you have fun building Lego it might be well worth it building the sets, thus making sure everything is there (and if not you can state what is missing, or at least say "almost complete"). When you can state that people will bite for more, or you might even sell some sets standalone and get more overall.

Don't sell pieces separately, especially not the figs. I stay far away from sellers doing just that. What one kind of people (like me) want from such a lot is complete or almost complete sets, and these will give you more. They are in for the fun of building, not so much the money. The second kind are just in for the pieces - brinklink shops have to get there stuff from somewhere too for example. These might not mind so much, but these usually bite at something like the mentioned $5 per pound.

And, as also already mentioned - try to get rid of non-Lego stuff, but don't overdo it. Some Lego parts don't really look like Lego. Don't even mention Megablocks or such in your listing if you can. "Almost clean", "almost all Lego brand" is fine. 50/50 is usually not. Most don't want it and especially don't want to pay shipping for it. For a lot like this, shipping will be a substantial part of the actual cost for the buyer. I myself prefer to get it a cheap as possible. I don't care whether it takes two weeks to reach me. Expedited shipping for a lot is just a waste of money.

Thanks everyone for all your helpful advice!

Looks like some toy story and harry potter in there. If you want to spend the time to sort through it, you can probably sell sets individually for more. Otherwise it might be hard to get a collector to bite for over $5/lb.

Yes I meant to mention Toy Story and Harry Potter too!

Over $300 million might be a bit high - you might want to at least offer a best offer option.

If I get $300 million, I think I should start a Brick Picker endowment program. :)

Enter the numbers of the sets you are somewhat sure to have mostly complete here: http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/lego_lot_price_calculator.cfm and be sure to select "used". Most buyers probably consider 1/3 or 1/2 of that value a viable lot to buy, so you might start an auction with that. When you list the lot on Ebay, be sure to include a list of the numbers on the manuals too.

In general: if you have fun building Lego it might be well worth it building the sets, thus making sure everything is there (and if not you can state what is missing, or at least say "almost complete"). When you can state that people will bite for more, or you might even sell some sets standalone and get more overall.

Don't sell pieces separately, especially not the figs. I stay far away from sellers doing just that. What one kind of people (like me) want from such a lot is complete or almost complete sets, and these will give you more. They are in for the fun of building, not so much the money. The second kind are just in for the pieces - brinklink shops have to get there stuff from somewhere too for example. These might not mind so much, but these usually bite at something like the mentioned $5 per pound.

And, as also already mentioned - try to get rid of non-Lego stuff, but don't overdo it. Some Lego parts don't really look like Lego. Don't even mention Megablocks or such in your listing if you can. "Almost clean", "almost all Lego brand" is fine. 50/50 is usually not. Most don't want it and especially don't want to pay shipping for it. For a lot like this, shipping will be a substantial part of the actual cost for the buyer. I myself prefer to get it a cheap as possible. I don't care whether it takes two weeks to reach me. Expedited shipping for a lot is just a waste of money.

Appreciate this advice, especially the Almost All Lego Brand that is a great approach.

Mega bloks. First throw them away then we will talk. :)

I can't agree more!

I went through my childhood bin, and with every megablok I found I loved my parents a little less

My sincere apologies for your personal remorse, reconciliation can be a wonderful sense of empowerment.  :)

Wow...I totally just looked at this lot on ebay not five minutes ago....clicked on this thread and was like "those pictures look awfully familiar."  Good luck on the sale my friend.

Thanks, your very industrious in your finding. :)  There is a ton of lot lego bulk listings out there.  I started it off and will lower the pricing over time if needed and see what happens.  Thanks!

Thanks, your very industrious in your finding. :) There is a ton of lot lego bulk listings out there. I started it off and will lower the pricing over time if needed and see what happens. Thanks!

One of my screens is set up to search new listings for "lego space" as that is what I collect. it popped up and I like looking at lots as you never know when a gem will be in them. Your strategy is sound...patience goes a long way in getting the best price both for buying and selling.