5770 - Lighthouse Island

Rich B

I agree, yoyo.com had them for $33 earlier today and now they're gone!!! and already up to $45 on amazon, ahhhh I knew I should have pulled the trigger, this is one of those under the radar sets IMO

http://www.chowrentoys.com/servlet/the-2421/LEGO-Creator-5770-Lighthouse/Detail?affiliate_no=3

Chowren Toys does a nice job.

• 1 year later...

Just was wondering what are people's thoughts here about the Lighthouse Island 5770. Some internet webshops had a few of them on stock again and I cleaned them all out. I really like this set and I am confident it will appreciate even more soon.

What do you guys and gals think?

I have only one. :( Not that I do not believe in it, but I didn't managed to get more because I'm new in this "business".

There's a light brick, a mecanism, it's quite unique, can go along with some boats for display (do I have to tell that lego boats do well ?) and (bonus!) it's a 3 in 1 creator.

If you can have some (a little less than RRP), I think you should give it a try.

As for me I consider pairing mine with the seaside house 7346, the 41014 polybag, and why not a 32x32 blue baseplate. :)

It would be a nice combo, like a "crush". I like to sell things this way, some kind of increase in value IMHO, and a better referencing in websites stores, multiplying references...

Just was wondering what are people's thoughts here about the Lighthouse Island 5770. Some internet webshops had a few of them on stock again and I cleaned them all out. I really like this set and I am confident it will appreciate even more soon.

What do you guys and gals think?

I love this little set - works well on its own or with a multitude of other sets out there.  I'm jealous you managed to find some online!  I haven't seen them in the wild or online in what feels like forever.  Nice score.

Thanks everybody for your comments and thoughts. I appreciate it. Now I am even more confident about my purchases. Even though I paid more than RRP.

The value is sitting now at 87 euro in Europe and the CAGR is at about 30%. I will hide them now and recover them around Xmas. If they appreciated nicely like they should, I might sell one or two. The rest I will keep for Xmas 2015.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: I have now 10 lighthouses in my possession. Last week I bought other 4 for a really good price. I found another one but I think 10 should be enough. I did put one for sale. Many viewers but no one bite yet. I am curious how this will unfold.

• 2 years later...