850487 - Halloween Accessory Set

lsfrorex

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to bring this set to member's attention. This set has a very similar Zombie to the 8683-5 Zombie, plus it has a whole bunch of other cool parts and a couple of other minifigures. Makes for a nice Monster Fighters add on pack. Plus the set is still available from LEGO S@H and it's current value is almost $9 more than MSRP...

Check it out...

I agree, it is a great little set. It doesn't have the Monster Fighter's label on it so it may have a different lifetime than the Monster Fighter sets. Not sure if that means longer or shorter but I like the set enough I don't care much about how long it lasts. Hopefully Lego will come out with a few more like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Surprised at what these are selling for on Ebay - around $25 each. You can buy them as I did on lego.com for $14.99. I guess I don't understand why buyers are willing to pay the higher price on ebay. Even Amazon wants $25. Is this set something we should buy multiples of?

Surprised at what these are selling for on Ebay - around $25 each. You can buy them as I did on lego.com for $14.99. I guess I don't understand why buyers are willing to pay the higher price on ebay. Even Amazon wants $25. Is this set something we should buy multiples of?

I wondered the exact same thing yesterday...so I bought five. Should have waited a few days for free shipping

Most likely international customers. Lego are not as easy to come by at the same prices.

Definitely this. Lego S@H prices for people overseas do not accurately reflect current exchange rates. Sometimes it is cheaper to buy from someone in the US who has bought items from S@H and added their own markup than it is to buy direct from S@H internationally.