Manufacturer's Label

XCool

Just received delivery of a DS 10188, my first set. 

While inspecting the box, I noticed two things on the inner box that came with my set (the one that has LEGO's brand and the words TOY repeated all over the top).

First it says "Death Star v140". As a programmer, I'd say that means this is the 140th version of the Death Star? 

Secondly, the label also stated the manufacturing date, which from 1403 means March, 2014. This is just extra info, but I'm not sure if it gives any hints. 

Mods, I'd appreciate if you would kindly merge this to the appropriate thread if it has already been discussed before. Thanks!

I doubt that in 5 years LEGO would of had 140 different versions of the Death Star, but it is entirely possible that it isn't the original version, if you remember that LEGO just recently did a change with the heads of Obi-Wan and Han Solo, they used modern, updated versions, instead of the 2008 versions of the heads that the original set was released with. What I think the v140 means, is the 140th run of the set, just a wild guess on my part though, yours' is as good as mine on that.

My best guess would be it's just simply the 140th run of the set, but I could be wrong.