Winter is coming

Grolim

For all you Game of Thrones fans, citizen brick has just released a new set of custom minifigs based on the series.  Check them out here:  http://citizenbrick.com/collections/minifigs/products/dragon-sword-fighter-force-complete-series-plus-bonus-minifig

Pretty awesomely detailed (as usual from these guys).  My favs would be the White Walker, Tyrion, and Khal Drogo.  I'm very tempted to get them, but $220 is a bit much for me to outlay at present on personal purchases.  Sweet GRRM bonus fig as well.

• Like 6

For all you Game of Thrones fans, citizen brick has just released a new set of custom minifigs based on the series.  Check them out here:  http://citizenbrick.com/collections/minifigs/products/dragon-sword-fighter-force-complete-series-plus-bonus-minifig

Pretty awesomely detailed (as usual from these guys).  My favs would be the White Walker, Tyrion, and Khal Drogo.  I'm very tempted to get them, but $220 is a bit much for me to outlay at present on personal purchases.  Sweet GRRM bonus fig as well.

I agree with your picks as the best for the bunch.  I really expected more nudity from this set.  So many characters to choose from.  I see Ygritte in there, but I don't see Jon Snow.

Khal Drogo is the best repesented by far.  The White Walker is also cool, but I think the Red Priestess looks like a guy.  Arya is disappointing as well.  These could never be perfect, but for Khal and even Breanna to be done so well, to see the others kind of half assed is disappointing.  Seeing Danaerys in her Dothraki garb brings back nice memories though. :shifty:

I saw this thread and thought "...And some people think that September is early to start considering Christmas."

What always keeps me from buying expensive minifigures like this is comparing them to some other LEGO set.  (e.***. I'd rather have a Tower of Orthanc or the Parisian Restaurant than some minifigures.)

bp_1396304330__set_1_1024x1024.jpg

bp_1396304367__set_2_1024x1024.jpg

bp_1396304397__set_3_1024x1024.jpg

bp_1396304443__set_4_1024x1024.jpg

bp_1396304481__bonus_small_1024x1024.jpg

From top to bottom here are the names CB is calling them and the characters they are related to on GoT:

1. Karl Horso - Khal Drogo
  2. Datazmus B. Dragon - Daenerys Targaryen
  3. Lady Redrobes - Melisandre
  4. Johnny Crowbeard - Jon Snow
  5. Yvonne Ginger Spear - Ygritte
  6. Frosty the Dead Man - White Walker
  7. King Aayhole - Joffrey Baratheon
  8. Tyrone Goldcoin - Tyrion Lannister
  9. Baldo Eunocorn - Varys
  10. Sir James of House Inbredd - Jaime Lannister
  11. Lady Orphanboy of House Alldead - Arya Stark
  12. Sir Bravelady - Brienne of Tarth
  13. Sir Typesalot - George R R Martin

Some pretty good names there.  I like Jaime, Arya, and Joffrey's names, good stuff.

So much potential to expand these further as well if they do ok.  Plenty of characters to choose from.  The ones I'd like to see are Cersei, The Hound, Bran, Davos, Stannis, Samwell, Bronn, Robb, Catelyn, Littelfinger, and maybe a couple of Direwolves like Ghost and Summer - could use the Wargs from the Hobbit sets for them I guess.  Plenty of cool sets could be added as well.  There are plenty of brilliant GoT MoCs around to inspire from I guess.

That`s awesome! $220 really isn`t that bug if you worth it out, that`s $18.33 each before taxes/shipping. Not cheap by any means, but I`d hardly call it outrageous. If you`re a mega fan, definetly a purchase that must be had! Thanks for sharing, I`ll admire them a while longer now.

Awesome; I really like how Jaime Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, and the Whitewalker turned out. I totally understand why Citizen Brick cannot call these minifigures what they are actually based on for legitimate reasons and whatnot but the name they choose sounds like a great action cartoon/anime. Ha. "DRAGON SWORD FIGHTER FORCE, ASSEMBLE!!!!" :haha:

Hmm, investment potential here? I don`t know, how much will fans want to pay for this once sold out? $300? $400? I love the show, but even though the price point is decent, I still won`t fork out the money unless it`s for resale. I don`t love them that much.

Hmm, investment potential here? I don`t know, how much will fans want to pay for this once sold out? $300? $400? I love the show, but even though the price point is decent, I still won`t fork out the money unless it`s for resale. I don`t love them that much.

I think the biggest threat against investment growth is if Citizen Brick releases more of them onto the market. They do usually have a limited run but this isn't like Lego as a company where they will only make a certain amount of product and then quit for keeps. Now I think if you were able to buy a few to then wait for Citizen Brick's site to be sold out, you could make some money by selling yours to the people who missed out but still desire one. Long term holding seems rather risky although still possible.

I think the biggest threat against investment growth is if Citizen Brick releases more of them onto the market. They do usually have a limited run but this isn't like Lego as a company where they will only make a certain amount of product and then quit for keeps. Now I think if you were able to buy a few to then wait for Citizen Brick's site to be sold out, you could make some money by selling yours to the people who missed out but still desire one. Long term holding seems rather risky although still possible.

Good point. GoT is supposedly going into 7-8 seasons, so we`re at the 1/2 way mark if that`s the case, meaning more time to keep fans interested, but also for remakes like you suggested. Would love to know how many copies of the set are available and see how quickly/slowly they sell out haha.

That's the problem with Customs. Someone could always come along and do an even better one, and there's no corporate identity to say, yeah but this was the first one, and i like to collect them all.

Case in point, there was the GOT set from a year or so ago, and these blow them out of the water.Do i want the old ones now? not at all.