TMNT 79105 Baxters Robot Rampage

Honestly, I`d maybe buy a couple at that price, just to be safe, but certianly not much more. The new film may ignite more interest down the line, but this set just doesn`t have a "wow" factor. It`s pretty basic looking IMHO, with a couple decent figures and parts, but not enough to justify having in your portfolio at that price. I`d buy more DC/Marvel stuff instead, there just seems to be far more value in those. If you`re worried or think perhaps this set may be worth something, buy a couple and see, but honestly my inclination is to pass. They were on for 50% over boxing day in North America as well, and some people bought and others did not. 25 euro on this vs 25 euro on some of the other stuff available, ya I`d pass. But that`s just me :laugh:

I bought 5 of them off shop@home NA when they went half off.  The animated series it's based on is actually pretty good, so I'm hoping that the movie, however horrible it is, will drive some old school TMNT fans to try out the cartoon and perhaps check out the sets.  As was stated, this is the only way to get April and Baxter.  The turtles are also unique in that they have a different facial expression than in the other sets.

As an added bonus, this Baxter Stockman is much closer to the original comic book than any other incarnation of TMNT, so comic fans might be into this.

I haven't invested too heavily in this theme, but I did get this set and also a few turtle lairs.  If any sets in this theme are going to do well, I think it'll be those two.

Thanks for your advices. I have decided not to pull the trigger. Reason is cause after some hours it is still not sold out at shop@home. Normally a sale like that is gone in a nanasecond. So probably the demand is not that high right now.

Some of the best sets after retirement aren't the best seller or most popular while still in production.

-I don't always go shopping, but when I do I buy Lego-

This set was sold out in  a few hours (??) when it was 50% off at lego @home in the US. I managed to get zero because I found out too late. I actually found it is not easy to get TMNT sets on sale. When target or walmart put them on clearance, they are off the shelf pretty quickly. Maybe it is different in europe. Again who knows what EU folks are really into.

Agreed, as long as they don't redo it in the second wave like the lair...

One thing to remember is that lair is really a one off to the nick based one. It wouldn't mesh well at all with the turtles stuff from the cartoon so I don't think demand for the first one will suffer too much.