Harry Potter discontinued?

Damnation666

• 1 month later...

Which set do people think will do best for investment. I have bought all of them except the train set and the big Hogwarts Castle. Should I invest in these also right now?

The two you just mentioned and Diagon Alley are the ones I would buy. Hogwarts Express is already appreciating well.

The two you just mentioned and Diagon Alley are the ones I would buy. Hogwarts Express is already appreciating well.

I also think Diagon Alley and Hogwarts Express will do pretty well. In addition to these 2 sets, The Burrow might be good for investment...too bad I missed the chance to buy it...

I also think Diagon Alley and Hogwarts Express will do pretty well. In addition to these 2 sets, The Burrow might be good for investment...too bad I missed the chance to buy it...

The Burrow(4840) is another excellent choice. Almost 600 pieces and 6 minifigures is a good investment set.

And Diagon Alley 10217 is still available at LEGO uk:

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Diagon-Alley-10217

Speaking for our British members, thank you. Diagon Alley is an excellent investment choice.

As an American, I'm curious as to what the most popular stores in the UK are that sell LEGO bricks/sets. I get lost when I read posts from British citizens. In the US, of course there is Toys R Us and LEGO stores, but there is Walmart and Target as two other main sellers of LEGO sets. What are the main UK stores?

Very good question and one I would appreciate fellow brits comments on this. I'm new to buying lego and have been buying online for the best price - mostly Amazon or the lego shop (for the big items). However I have shopped in John Lewis and the Lego shop in Stratford and found discontinued lines (which were shown as sold out on their website).

You see smaller sets in the Supermarkets (Tesco, Sainsburys & Asda) and the main toy shops Argos and Toys R Us (although the latter tends to be out of town).

I use the Invisable Hand plugin for Chrome which checks a product I'm viewing and tells me if this is the best price.

http://www.getinvisiblehand.com/

And camelcamelcamel is excellent for tracking price of items and setting up alerts when the price drops below your threashold.

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/

Here's my list:

Argos

Amazon UK

Asda

Boots

Tesco

Play

Hamleys

John Lewis

Mothercare

Sainsburys

Smyths

Very good question and one I would appreciate fellow brits comments on this. I'm new to buying lego and have been buying online for the best price - mostly Amazon or the lego shop (for the big items). However I have shopped in John Lewis and the Lego shop in Stratford and found discontinued lines (which were shown as sold out on their website).

You see smaller sets in the Supermarkets (Tesco, Sainsburys & Asda) and the main toy shops Argos and Toys R Us (although the latter tends to be out of town).

I use the Invisable Hand plugin for Chrome which checks a product I'm viewing and tells me if this is the best price.

http://www.getinvisiblehand.com/

And camelcamelcamel is excellent for tracking price of items and setting up alerts when the price drops below your threashold.

http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/

Here's my list:

Argos

Amazon UK

Asda

Boots

Tesco

Play

Hamleys

John Lewis

Mothercare

Sainsburys

Smyths

Nice reply...I made your response into a new thread if you don't mind...

New forum thread...

• 5 weeks later...

My local Walmart has clearanced all Harry potter the castle is $40 off. All walmarts get a discount budget in toys it's up to each individual manager to choose which to discount and how much. Most Pirates of the carabean is clearanced as well. Pirates: queen Anne's revenge is 79.99 at this store Happy hunting.

My local Walmart has clearanced all Harry potter the castle is $40 off.

All walmarts get a discount budget in toys it's up to each individual manager to choose which to discount and how much.

Most Pirates of the carabean is clearanced as well.

Pirates: queen Anne's revenge is 79.99 at this store

Happy hunting.

I have to take a ride to my local WalMart tomorrow. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...