Anyone purchase replacement parts/pieces?

binici

Hey all!

So last night I ordered a bunch of missing pieces for a set that I need to complete. Adding them to the bag and checking out was a snap (no pun intended), but I was never shown the price for all the items.

Once I completed the steps, the last step said that I would receive an email about my order shortly, but I never received anything via email or phone (they asked for a phone #, too).

Need some advise or feedback on what I should do? Wait another 24 hours? Retry the order or call?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

Thanks Highlander! I guess I just need to be patient...

Now I need to become familiar with Bricklink and order the rest of the items that were not available.

Sucks that you can't receive VIP points for missing pieces that you want to replace, but oh well.

I placed a piece order from them on Saturday and am still waiting, so I wouldn't stand by the phone waiting.  You should get an email as well detailing the order and it will then show the amounts per piece and such.  I've done this a few times, one while Bricklinking 10179, and it takes a few days to get a response.  It is by far the slowest part of LEGO Shop at Home.  Oh, and the parts come from Denmark, so you have that going for you as well.

PAB will always have a price right then and there. Going through the other section ordering parts won't. I've done a couple small and large orders, and the time it takes to get a quote depends on mostly the size. I once had a quote within the hour, another took about a day and a half to get a quote. Just be patient. You will get an invoice. YMMV on this, but I noticed an order from PAB came from Denmark, and through the other one, it came from the US within a week.

Sweet! Finally received a response via email with an invoice of the parts that were available and how to pay.

Seems fairly easy and organized, which makes it less stressful when trying to hunt down so many pieces to complete a set.

Anyhow, I just want to sum it up by saying, I really enjoyed using the look up by design # and checking out. I'm sure the PAB is just as easy to use, so good to know for future use.

Also, prices vary between PAB and Bricks and Pieces within the Shop at Home site.  Not sure why, some were more expensive at PAB, and some were more on the Bricks and Pieces section.  And an FYI, many pieces there are cheaper at Bricklink.  I went through a ton of them and over 50% were cheaper to buy new through Bricklink, and by quite a margin on some pieces.  Alternately, some are quite a bit cheaper on Shop at Home, there really is no rhyme or reason, though I'm sure rarity of the piece plays into it quite a bit.

This reminds me that I need to look into buying replacements of the long grey things from the dolphin cruiseship due to them all being chewed up. Lego should just put up pricing for the missing parts section. If my dog chews up something, I would like to know right away how much it's going to cost to replace without having to wait a few days to compare it to the bricklink prices.

Also, prices vary between PAB and Bricks and Pieces within the Shop at Home site.  Not sure why, some were more expensive at PAB, and some were more on the Bricks and Pieces section.  And an FYI, many pieces there are cheaper at Bricklink.  I went through a ton of them and over 50% were cheaper to buy new through Bricklink, and by quite a margin on some pieces.  Alternately, some are quite a bit cheaper on Shop at Home, there really is no rhyme or reason, though I'm sure rarity of the piece plays into it quite a bit.

Yeah, but using BrickLink can be a longer process and dealing with multiple sellers sucks, unless I'm doing it all wrong?

I wish you can add everything into a universal cart and then check out in one process. :hmm:

Yeah, but using BrickLink can be a longer process and dealing with multiple sellers sucks, unless I'm doing it all wrong?

I wish you can add everything into a universal cart and then check out in one process. :hmm:

There is an easier way to do it - its difficult to get used to but here goes:

First, add all the parts you need to a wanted list. You to go to "Wanted list" and then put in the part number and select the color, number of them you need, new/used, etc (I always unclick the stupid email thing) and hit "add".

Once you have added all your parts, there is a tab in the wanted list section called "show by in-store count". Go to that and arrange it by "unique lots". This now shows you the sellers with the most different parts from your wanted list.

Clock on their store and it should show you all the parts they have you need. Click the button that says "auto-fill cart" in the top right corner and it will add all those parts to your cart.

Once you buy them, remove them from the wanted list and start the process over again until you have them all.

Obviously when you buy you want to look at minimums and shipping and where they are at. Usually it takes me 2 stores or so to do 20-30 parts so its not too bad.

• Like 3

Once you have added all your parts, there is a tab in the wanted list section called "show by in-store count". Go to that and arrange it by "unique lots". This now shows you the sellers with the most different parts from your wanted list.

Thank you!  I did not know this part of the process.

There is an easier way to do it - its difficult to get used to but here goes:

First, add all the parts you need to a wanted list. You to go to "Wanted list" and then put in the part number and select the color, number of them you need, new/used, etc (I always unclick the stupid email thing) and hit "add".

Clock on their store and it should show you all the parts they have you need. Click the button that says "auto-fill cart" in the top right corner and it will add all those parts to your cart.

Once you buy them, remove them from the wanted list and start the process over again until you have them all.

Obviously when you buy you want to look at minimums and shipping and where they are at. Usually it takes me 2 stores or so to do 20-30 parts so its not too bad.

Looks simple, let's hope it is.

I obviously need to use BL for the other harder to find pieces, such as minifigs, manuals, stickers and etc., so we shall see if I don't grow any grey hairs with the process! :P

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to update everyone that I finally received all my orders for the replacement pieces yesterday.

Overall, the shipping, ordering and customer service was on par with everyone's comments.

The whole process takes about three weeks, but well worth it if you need those hard to find pieces or pieces in general.

That is what bugs me most.

<rant>I can easily get the prices for parts for each shop, but each shop has so totally different handling and shipping fees and restrictions that you really have to read through all of the ones you might plan to buy from. There is no way to somehow automatically get that information in a summary. I recognize that blicklink is different from, e.***., eBay in that you buy lots of loose parts - but bricklink probably has (or should have) the weight of all parts, and their approximate size. With a little effort it should be possible to get from bricklink the exact handling and shipping cost for a given list of bricks and my address automatically, before I actually order. As it is right now, the best strategy is "try to get it from as few sellers as possible" because otherwise you don't only pay more for shipping than for parts, you also spend hours reading shop terms.</rant>