Martian Manhunter still available (Canada)- what should I buy for $75?

lobo1969

My local LEGO store STILL had the MM give away avialable last I checked. No decent sale items there so I'm wondering what set or combo of sets should I target for $75 without going too much over? Otherwise I'm grabbing one of the big exclusives for well over $100...

I actually returned a couple items a few days ago and they wanted my MM back... i gave it to them as i had buyers remorse on the items and wanted to money free'd up, but the salt in the wound was they still had a ton left from what they told me. 

Black Gate isn't bad at $74.99 and 50 bonus VIP points this month if you are looking to stay just at $75.

My local LEGO store STILL had the MM give away avialable last I checked. No decent sale items there so I'm wondering what set or combo of sets should I target for $75 without going too much over? Otherwise I'm grabbing one of the big exclusives for well over $100...

Try to get something that is exclusive to the Lego Store.  With that in mind I would go Sopwith...I know it's a little more, but it doesn't go on sale, so this would be your best chance to get it. 

Black Gate isn't bad at $74.99 and 50 bonus VIP points this month if you are looking to stay just at $75.

Huh, I somehow missed hearing about the 50 VIP bonus points. Is there any other sets with this right now? LEGO Shop at Home site is not advertising it very well...

Try to get something that is exclusive to the Lego Store.  With that in mind I would go Sopwith...I know it's a little more, but it doesn't go on sale, so this would be your best chance to get it.

Sopwith I was hoping to wait for double VIP. My store has a bunch of these as well.

Huh, I somehow missed hearing about the 50 VIP bonus points. Is there any other sets with this right now? LEGO Shop at Home site is not advertising it very well...

Council of Elrond is also 50 bonus points. And yeah these can be tricky to find. Sure enough though if you check the VIP points on the product page it will show the bonus included.

Council of Elrond is also 50 bonus points. And yeah these can be tricky to find. Sure enough though if you check the VIP points on the product page it will show the bonus included.

Excellent, good to know! 2x council of Elronds plus some figs maybe might be the best way to go.

It`s a $20 figure, so if you can hit $75 bang on, you`ve already gotten 20-25% or so back, after taxes.

I actually returned a couple items a few days ago and they wanted my MM back... i gave it to them as i had buyers remorse on the items and wanted to money free'd up, but the salt in the wound was they still had a ton left from what they told me. 

That`s awkward. Wonder what they would have said/done if you did not bring it back to the store with you to return the other items. Honestly, that`s just stingy, but then again, you`ll have people who abuse the system to get multiples. Crazy.

If your store has any CCP get 3 of those and a minifig?

Good call! Great little set, and worth every bit at the price point.

Excellent, good to know! 2x council of Elronds plus some figs maybe might be the best way to go.

This one is IMHO more of a stinker. It`s not a nice looking set, and more than likely not a good investment in comparison to other sets. Definitely go with CCPs if you can.

Sopwith I was hoping to wait for double VIP. My store has a bunch of these as well.

If you were to buy Sopwith, you`de be getting more of a deal than x2 VIP, assuming a value of $20 (if you sell later on in the year/next year. If you sell now, $15 if more realistic).

$130 - $20 = $110

$110/$130 = ~0.85 or 15% off MSRP.

x2 VIP is only ~10%, so if this is a set you want, I`d buy it now.

Martian Manhunter way better than 2x VIP IMO. You will get the regular 5% back too. Martian Manhunter dropped in price but already has got back up to $15-$17 a pop.

-I don't always go shopping, but when I do I buy Lego-

People always forget this- with the MM you also get the usual 5% off. Double VIP is only an extra 5%, getting the MM is better in almost every situation. Even if you buy a DS, it's either $20 back and a MM or $40 back with double VIP which are almost equivalent.

Guest brickcrazyhouse

Someone mention this in another thread but you can get the Justice League people for $75 minus Green Lantern.

-I don't always go shopping, but when I do I buy Lego-

arctic batman 76000($19.00), power lex 6862($19.99), riddlers chase 76012($29.00)+ something small, free MM = $70.00+ the something small (U.S. prices)

but if not that MIXELS!!!!!!!!!!

edit: oh yea and for all those in emazers shadow aka maryland, arundel mills still has a large bin of MM behind the checkstand