Master Blocked Bidder List

adewar

Perhaps this has been discussed and rejected at some point, but has any thought ever been given to maintaining a BP community-wide Ebay Blocked Bidder List?  Basically everyone would post their own list of Blocked Bidders, so that we could each update our own Ebay Blocked Bidder lists with the 'Master' list.  It seems like it may be a good way to combat scammers and protect one another.  Thoughts?

It's been discussed regularly, and remains a bad idea.

Some buyers who are "bad" for some sellers are fine for others. There are two sides to every story, and we only get one.

There's no real way to know who is at fault with sellers of varying temperaments and abilities and levels of sanity.

• Like 1

This has been discussed in the past and shelved because some were concerned that the buyers' side of the story wouldn't be told, and good buyers could be lost in the wash or unfairly blackballed.

EDIT: Ninjaed by frog...

• Like 2

Hmmm I think it is needed. Right now I've got a guy who opened a case because he didn't receive the minifig for $5 I sent him in one week time. So, being the nice guy I am I sent a second one, I know dumb maybe, and it's been another week and no communication. So I sent him an email today asking if he received them yet. Still waiting...no tracking on either shipment because the cost is double and really eats profits.

Hmmm I think it is needed. Right now I've got a guy who opened a case because he didn't receive the minifig for $5 I sent him in one week time. So, being the nice guy I am I sent a second one, I know dumb maybe, and it's been another week and no communication. So I sent him an email today asking if he received them yet. Still waiting...no tracking on either shipment because the cost is double and really eats profits.

Sending items twice eats even more profits. Tracking is a must.

• Like 1

Even though this topic is closed, I just want to add something for future posts that I am sure will come up about this topic.  We understand were a list like this can come in handy, but overall it is a liability and practically a defamation issue.  I am sure that most people making the list would be eBay users with zero feedback and complete scammers, but honestly, anyone on this site should know to basically stay away from these people. If it looks to good to be true, it usually is.  Then there are the eBay users that may be PowerSellers, but just had bad things happen with a single transaction.  Someone comes here, posts their name, now they are targeted as a bad seller.  There is no way for Brickpicker to verify any claims, hence that is the main reason we would not like to get involved with something like this. It may help out in some cases, but overall it would be more trouble than good.  If you are questioning a seller that you are thinking about doing a transaction with, feel free to send us a private message and we can look over the deal and give an opinion on whether we would continue with the transaction.  The last thing this site needs is to build a hit list against sellers.

• Like 1