Selling / Investing Strategy?

Hi guys, I was just curious to hear what some different strategies are for selling / investing with Legos. For example, if I'm able to buy a 10217 off Amazon for $148, but I see the same sets selling for $160-$210 on Ebay, how is this possible? Why aren't people just buying it themselves from Amazon like I did? In the above example, is it better to hang on to my 10217 until it retires, or try to sell it right away for a 40% profit? I'm sure everyone has a different strategy depending on their situation, but I'm curious to hear how some of you handle your buying and selling trends. Thanks!

Hi guys,

I was just curious to hear what some different strategies are for selling / investing with Legos. For example, if I'm able to buy a 10217 off Amazon for $148, but I see the same sets selling for $160-$210 on Ebay, how is this possible? Why aren't people just buying it themselves from Amazon like I did?

In the above example, is it better to hang on to my 10217 until it retires, or try to sell it right away for a 40% profit?

I'm sure everyone has a different strategy depending on their situation, but I'm curious to hear how some of you handle your buying and selling trends.

Thanks!

Number one reason...People are uninformed. Number two reason...LEGO sets are not available worldwide through sources like Amazon. Many countries do not have access to LEGO sets from regular retail sources, yet there is a base of LEGO fans that want LEGO sets. So what do people do? They pay higher rates to sellers on EBAY that ship worldwide.

• 1 year later...

YOUR INVESTMENT PHILOSOPHY:

What are the factors that define your buying/selling strategies?

Are you a Quick flipper? If so, what strategies do you implement to do so successfully?

Are you a long-term investor? If so, how do YOU define a set worthy of long-term holding? At what point do you sell?

Or, does your strategy implement both?

-------------------------------

This is a thread intended for BrickPickers to relay their investment advice, strategies, pitfalls to avoid- and overall approach. To share lessons learned from past experience, and thoughts to consider moving forward.

It would be outstanding to have some senior board members share there investing play book as other members formulate their own.

Will you contribute?

Edited by Cross