Yep, I play with Lego, and Yes I share with my kid...(sometimes)

So been around now for a few weeks, and thought it was time I did one of these.

Hi, I'm Keith. 

I am a dad to 2 wonderful little girls and husband to an amazing wife. I love Lego's, always have.  I got back into Lego's last summer when my oldest (6 at the time) said she wanted to take a mindstorm robotics class for fun. After I picked up myself, from being blown away by how amazing my child was. I said sure thing, and then said a quick prayer that my wife would be OK with it. She was and we were off. 

My youngest is 4 and a Hugh Lego friends fan. (oddly nether of my girls like the princess ones, but love princess)

Being that my wife is a Special Education Teacher, we have a ton of toys we rotate into the class.  Lego's being 1 of them. Currently we are using the large and medium sized one's in the classroom and the normal small size at home.  we have trunks of extra's in the garage as during the year they get lost or ruined.  Also sometimes they go home, not always with us knowing ether. but honestly at the level she teaches, if it helps the kids we would give them anyways.  We shop all year long at second hand stores and yard sales, so we can find them at prices we can afford. 

I know some might find it crazy, but we do not try to compete or assemble the used Lego's we buy, we are into free building, and besides have you ever seen a 4 year follow Lego instructions, or not change it with in a day or so.

I plan on buying a few sets a month to sell off the mini-figures so as to get low cost or free bricks.  

My oldest is into Mindstorm and so we are building up our Technic block bin. Our old Mindstorm died( hand me down from an uncle), so she might get the new one on her birthday :shocked:. So right now she is playing with the power functions stuff. I really like these.

My girls also like to make art, jewelry, and furniture out of Lego's

I myself want to try building some Lego board games, as I love board games.  Going to try for Settlers of Catan, Carcassonne, 7 Wonders, and King of Tokyo this year.

OK enough for now

Welcome!

I too am a dad of 2 (boys) with an amazing wife.  I love playing Lego with my boys and that, more than anything, it what got me into this.  I love the board game idea--I'm into table-top wargames (warhammer, historical, that kind of thing) and one of these days I'm going to do up all the scenery/terrain out of Lego and use mini figs as my army.

Awesome how you wife uses Lego and other toys.  I'm a teacher as well (high school) and I'm in awe of the work that special ed teachers do--true saints.

• Like 1

I hope you guys don't think that I made those Catan builds!  :ike:

I thought they were just the ones you build this morning :super: , I kid, no they looked like they were made by different people. 

Nice to see I am not the only one who thinks Lego's make great board game pieces