75000 - Clone Troopers vs. Droidekas

mytoyz085

Sealed long term I don't think this will do all that well.  You may be able to sell them all together as a pack down the road and make descent amount (There will always be army builders).  I got three at a descent discount and have had good (if slow) luck at parting them out.  Sell the clones by themselves and then list all the tanks as one lot and all the Droidekas as another.

I wouldn't say it's the best battle pack for investment purposes. WIth only one Clone Trooper and a Lieutenant with 2 droid thingies (Their name escapes me...) it's a battle pack that people would only really buy one of, and that would be to get the Lieutenant, unless they have one already, they won't be picking it up.

Just picked up 4 boxes of SW (75000) for very cheap. Again new to collecting legos so was looking to see if this was a good investment.

Thanks for the help

If you want to part them out you could probably get around $5 for each standard clone trooper and around $3 for each clone sergeant (olive green trooper.) The trouble with this set is it really only has 2 minifigures since the droidekas are brick-built. That brings down the value of the set. 

I wouldn't say it's the best battle pack for investment purposes. WIth only one Clone Trooper and a Lieutenant with 2 droid thingies (Their name escapes me...) it's a battle pack that people would only really buy one of, and that would be to get the Lieutenant, unless they have one already, they won't be picking it up.

Actually the olive green clone is a pilot, and the two droids are called droidekas. Here is a list I posted awhile back showing the different ranks of the Episode 2 clone troopers.

Here are the ranks:

Black

Yeah, I don't see much investment potential in this one;  9488/9489 from 2012 would've been the keepers.  However, these things part out pretty well-  $5 for Clone Trooper, I get $4 (not $3) for a sergeant, and $2.50-$3 each for the droidekas.  I'll sell sargeants in singles, then troopers in groups of four and droidekas in groups of 8 to save a little bit on packing time/ shipping and fees.  Everything sells super quick, aside from the command centers.  I can't say what the command center is worth, because I've never sold one;  I have groups of four listed at $10 that don't even get views. 

However, $14/15 for just the figs and droidekas isn't too bad a deal, especially if you can get this set at a good discount (which you can- I got 3 today at $5 each at WM).  Like any $10-13 set, even a good profit margin doesn't yield that much actual money, so it's not really worth the effort unless you can part out 3/4+ at a time.