Whats the best set of the new Star Wars wave?

What do you guys think? What is the best build and what is the best investment set?

Obviously this wave isn't near as good as the last one and wont be even close to the one coming later this summer, but there are some decent sets.

I have almost all of them and have built the majority of those. I have to say the new ATAP looks good, but the figures are a little disappointing for the price. The droid Gunship is actually not bad. The smaller ships, the Vwing and the Jedi Interceptor, etc. are decent.

I think really the Death Star Troopers, Utapau troopers, and the Grievous Wheel Bike are the best sets. My Favorite build was the Griveous Wheel Bike.

I also think it will be the best and one of the few decent investments. Definite sleeper in my book. The Grievous figure is tremendous.

Grievous Wheel Bike (75040)

All lights are green: good theme (battle scene), good playability (big wheel, articulations), good vehicule (it can "transform" thanks to the legs), good minifigs (nice grievous + 1 obiwan), good box cover (Darth vader seems to try to catch obiwan ! lol) and last but not least... a nice RRP (25 $) and good PPP (about 0,10 $/

• Like 1

I'ld have to say the best set would have to be the Death Star Troopers. I'm a sucker for anything original trilogy, and with me receiving a Death Star for Christmas, I really do need to populate the thing. The Microfighters are actually useful, converted the pointless crane room into a ship bay. Includes the TIE Fighter polybag from 2012, the MF MF (Gosh, that will be confusing, MF MF = Millennium Falcon Micro-Fighter) and the TIE Interceptor MF. Converted the seat area a bit with pieces I had lying around. I like the MFs for that reason atleast.

• Like 1

I'ld have to say the best set would have to be the Death Star Troopers. I'm a sucker for anything original trilogy, and with me receiving a Death Star for Christmas, I really do need to populate the thing. The Microfighters are actually useful, converted the pointless crane room into a ship bay. Includes the TIE Fighter polybag from 2012, the MF MF (Gosh, that will be confusing, MF MF = Millennium Falcon Micro-Fighter) and the TIE Interceptor MF. Converted the seat area a bit with pieces I had lying around. I like the MFs for that reason atleast.

I have a death star in a pile of pieces fo 20 other sets. Wanting to dig it out now. lol.

• Like 1

That's a pretty cool idea for displaying these MFs (and MF MFs).  I wonder if they would fit in the hangar bays of some of the older large SW ships.

• Like 2

The Death Star... definitely will take you a LONG time to build, especially if you just decide to take the tub o' LEGO and start building. Also, don't forget to use online instructions to keep that manual in mint condition! Haha, that's a little tip I learned from this site.

For sure.

I can't start yet - Hopefully gonna finish the SSD today. And next up from that is the New Xwing then Ewok Village.

Gonna have to find space. lol.

For sure.

I can't start yet - Hopefully gonna finish the SSD today. And next up from that is the New Xwing then Ewok Village.

Oh... Do I know the problem. Recently moved some sets around to get a better use of what I have. Moved my Minecraft Micro World set over to my dresser, and now with the Sail Barge, my Tatooine display will definitely NOT be fitting both the new Cantina, 3rd Landspeeder, and the Sandcrawler whenever that comes out. I may move my Vectrex back into it's box and put it in my closet, but I'm not sure how well it'll look next to my DS. Lego City/Movie display is full... Even the DeLorean had to go in there. Rebel Ship display... also full... Only place with available space is next to my Ghost Train and Genosis battle. Planning on getting a good table soon, moved my bed and displays centers around to make room, hopefully it was worth it.

For sure.

How was the SSD build? Others say too repetitive. I want to get it and if it keeps on snowing build it if not it will have to wait until next winter.

I built the new AT-AP last night. It looks great on display. Not sure about the playability for kids as if I try to move the legs parts start falling off. Also the sides don't fit well IMO. This being the biggest set of the winter releases the piece count is kind of deceiving with over 120 technic pins. It would be interesting to see the PPP done by weight.

Finally, I hate stickers, but this has one you just have to apply the radar screen with ship targeting is pretty nice.

I generally liked this wave of SW, and I prefer the vehicles and models in Episode III as opposed to Episode II. However, I wish we got more MEMORABLE moments from Revenge of the Sith, like  Yoda vs. Darth Sidious, instead of "Battle of Saluecami," which was seen for barely 5 seconds in the entire film. I adore the new Jedi Interceptor, but wish we got a Red model for Obi-Wan, or maybe both for $40-50? I wish Boga was included in the Grievous Wheel Bike set, then I wouldn't mind it being $25 or $30. The only reason for purchasing the Tri-Fighter is Chancellor Palpatine. Otherwise, it's a horrible DOWNGRADE compared to 2010's 8086 Droid Tri-Fighter. I'm glad we get a better V-Wing, but like I said before, I wish we got more memorable models instead of 3 second cameo vehicles.The Utapau Troopers battle pack is my favorite, because they are just so much cooler than all other clones (except for the 501st in Episode III). My biggest disappointment is NO Commander Cody anywhere. He's pretty awesome looking, and was way underused in the Clone Wars (but don't get me started on the faults of TCW). I am not happy with the new Chewbacca, because his face doesn't really look like Chewbacca's. I do like Tarfful, and I am pleased with Gree, but his presence makes me even more mad that we didn't get Commander Cody. I don't care for Microfighters at this point, but I see there is an obvious draw for some, and a great distaste from others. The two Clone Wars sets are better because the vehicles and Clones are better. I wish we got more exclusive figures WITH the already included ones, it would help to soften the blow of the price for these sets, but with the constant changes I suppose they are exclusive anyways. :/

Overall, better than 2013's summer release, but it could have been better. It looks sad compared to the next line up though. Original trilogy, here I come!

• Like 1

I generally liked this wave of SW, and I prefer the vehicles and models in Episode III as opposed to Episode II. However, I wish we got more MEMORABLE moments from Revenge of the Sith, like  Yoda vs. Darth Sidious, instead of "Battle of Saluecami," which was seen for barely 5 seconds in the entire film. I adore the new Jedi Interceptor, but wish we got a Red model for Obi-Wan, or maybe both for $40-50? I wish Boga was included in the Grievous Wheel Bike set, then I wouldn't mind it being $25 or $30. The only reason for purchasing the Tri-Fighter is Chancellor Palpatine. Otherwise, it's a horrible DOWNGRADE compared to 2010's 8086 Droid Tri-Fighter. I'm glad we get a better V-Wing, but like I said before, I wish we got more memorable models instead of 3 second cameo vehicles.The Utapau Troopers battle pack is my favorite, because they are just so much cooler than all other clones (except for the 501st in Episode III). My biggest disappointment is NO Commander Cody anywhere. He's pretty awesome looking, and was way underused in the Clone Wars (but don't get me started on the faults of TCW). I am not happy with the new Chewbacca, because his face doesn't really look like Chewbacca's. I do like Tarfful, and I am pleased with Gree, but his presence makes me even more mad that we didn't get Commander Cody. I don't care for Microfighters at this point, but I see there is an obvious draw for some, and a great distaste from others. The two Clone Wars sets are better because the vehicles and Clones are better. I wish we got more exclusive figures WITH the already included ones, it would help to soften the blow of the price for these sets, but with the constant changes I suppose they are exclusive anyways. :/

Overall, better than 2013's summer release, but it could have been better. It looks sad compared to the next line up though. Original trilogy, here I come!

Yeah, I have to agree with you on that one. But it's usually a given that LEGO will release their bigger products during the summer, and smaller ones during the winter, atleast Star Wars wise. Sometimes that's a good thing, such as Jabba's Palace, Republic Gunship, ect. But there are times were I feel like this new wave was wasted potential. While a good wave, it seems like LEGO put much more effort in the next wave of 2014 sets than this first wave. The sets were priced abysmally for a few, such as the V-Wing being 5 US more than it should ever be, especially as it's a set people want to make armies of, and now if I want to spend 200 US on V-Wings, I only get 8 instead of the 10 if they were priced at 20 US. But price depends a LOT on region. The SSD costs more than the DS in Europe! Now that's crazy! I believe the US normally pays "less" than Europe, but again, that's dependent on what the US dollar and Euro are worth at the same time.