Sears.ca - 20% off some select sets, notably some friends!

nickguay

Thanks for the post!

Doesn't seem to be anything i'll be going for. Their Valentines day sale with %34 off was pretty good, otherwise they seem to do %20 off every month or so, and it's usually some of the less than stellar sets.

They always have some coupons codes that sometimes work, so those may be worth trying.

Yup, thanks for the heads up...nothing for me to spend on either.  Agree with Sandwraithx158, just google sears march 2014 promo code to see if there's one available to save you a few bucks.  Sometimes $10 off can mean total of 30% or more off pending on order. 

*off topic, nothing on TRU.ca to buy.  Money is safe for now :)     

I did! It's in the box right now as well, hidden away in my stash closet. I got it for $50; I'm pretty happy about the sale on that one. We have a sail barge already built right now and I also have a desert skiff hidden away as well, it's going to be a pretty sweet ensemble to play with :) The funny thing is that my kids have not even seen that scene yet so I'm waiting until we get to that movie, we should watch episode 5 tomorrow and maybe 6 depending on the weather, it's supposed to rain and snow and sleet tomorrow so it should be a perfect day to watch both!

You can stack a nice $10 off $50, so I fiddled with a couple orders to get them as close to $50 as possible to max the discount.  There is at least one must buy out of the sets that are for sale!  Must!

I have a Sears store card, plus I link it through swagbucks for a couple extra % off. 

• Like 1

I did! It's in the box right now as well, hidden away in my stash closet. I got it for $50; I'm pretty happy about the sale on that one. We have a sail barge already built right now and I also have a desert skiff hidden away as well, it's going to be a pretty sweet ensemble to play with :) The funny thing is that my kids have not even seen that scene yet so I'm waiting until we get to that movie, we should watch episode 5 tomorrow and maybe 6 depending on the weather, it's supposed to rain and snow and sleet tomorrow so it should be a perfect day to watch both!

yeah, I found the skiff great value...lots of playability and cool minifigs too for the price.  Enjoy movie weekend and update us on which scenes/sets your kids like most. 

• Like 1

You can stack a nice $10 off $50, so I fiddled with a couple orders to get them as close to $50 as possible to max the discount.  There is at least one must buy out of the sets that are for sale!  Must!

I have a Sears store card, plus I link it through swagbucks for a couple extra % off. 

I give up, I cant figure out which one is the must? Hint? 

Veegs, trying to figure out which set you're talking about haha.  maybe Rancor?  Would basically be $50 plus tax.  For army building I can see Endor Rebel Troopers vs Imperial Troopers appealing...buy multiples and stack the extra $10 off. 

Personally I like the Garbage truck. 

Veegs, trying to figure out which set you're talking about haha.  maybe Rancor?  Would basically be $50 plus tax.  For army building I can see Endor Rebel Troopers vs Imperial Troopers appealing...buy multiples and stack the extra $10 off. 

Personally I like the Garbage truck. 

I'm going to say Olivia's Tree House.  I have some of these and I find them tough to move on Ebay.  The box is quite large for this size of set, and freight charges to ship domestically or to the USA are killing any potential profit.  people will pay up to $35 for it, but they won't pay $16-$20 in freight on top of that..

Nobody seems to want them on Craigslist in my area either it seems..

But with the $10 coupon this can be a pretty good deal as the value could rise on this set!

I'm going to say Olivia's Tree House.  I have some of these and I find them tough to move on Ebay.  The box is quite large for this size of set, and freight charges to ship domestically or to the USA are killing any potential profit.  people will pay up to $35 for it, but they won't pay $16-$20 in freight on top of that..

Nobody seems to want them on Craigslist in my area either it seems..

But with the $10 coupon this can be a pretty good deal as the value could rise on this set!

Too bad the Tree House is not 20% off and also $10 off on top (need over $50).  O's House is 20% off but still seems expensive.  I made some money on Friends Pets polybags series 1...but I'm just staying away from this theme unless the price is REALLY cheap like min 50% off.  Prefer to funnel more funds into other themes like Modulars, Superheroes, LOTR/Hobbit, SW and exclusives long before Friends.  Just my 2 cents.   

I don't think the Olivia's House is the best buy here - around Christmas I stacked a couple promos and got these for $57.17 each, after tax and with free shipping, and it also doesn't look like it is going anywhere soon (not even OOS at S&****), so I'd hold out for a better deal.

I think the best bet is the City Park Cafe.  Take a look at some of the recent ebay sold listings (they are kinda all over the place, but smart sellers have decent BIN prices and there are some very encouraging signs of growth).  Also, the new jungle line of Friends stuff doesn't really fit with a kid who has a Heartlake city scene.  Buildings seem to do best, and this recently retired set should do well this holiday season.  In my area I've sold a few on kijiji to folks who don't know Sears sells Lego and they can't find it at TRU or S&****.  I'd conservatively say a sell price of $60-70 or so by Christmas is reasonable, with the buyer paying shipping.  Not setting the world on fire, but some decent profits to be had. 

The garbage truck is alright, too, not as high of a ceiling but stacks well with the City Park Cafe to get just over $50 bucks to qualify for the $10 off. 

yeah, I found the skiff great value...lots of playability and cool minifigs too for the price.  Enjoy movie weekend and update us on which scenes/sets your kids like most. 

The ewoks were a big hit! The village is on its way from Florida on a trade already :) The preferred Return of the Jedi as far as the three movies go.