New UK member here!

Hello all

Thought I should make my first post after joining a couple of weeks ago and spending several hours/days reading through lots of very intresting and informative discussions.

I had always enjoyed lego and now my son is old enough to build sets we usually buy one as a treat for him to build and add to his collection. I would regularly check for announcements of new sets and also kick myself that I had thought about buying a set that has since been retired so thought maybe it may be time to start investing!

I've no idea how exactly I stumbled across this site in particular but I am glad I did. I was amazed at some of the stockroom pictures! I have been slowly building up a small number of sets that hopefully will turn a profit and allow me to purchase more, rinse and repeat and hopefully all will be fine!

We have a number of city sets that have been built over the past few years, I tended to only look at the sets that I thought were cool or ones that I would particularly like to have so my knowledge of demand has been a little blinkered but having read various subforums my eyes have been opened a lot!

Anyway, back to my research.......

Guest TabbyBoy

Milsey...Welcome aboard!  Glad to see more members from this wonderful country of ours.  When I joined just over a year ago, I had about 50 sets and I now have a few more thanks to this site.  What part are you from?  I'm in Reading.

Morning Chaps!

I'm in Berkhamsted (Herts), which is reasonably well positioned to get around to a few retailers to see what they have on offer. Currently have a small number of sets to keep hold of and maybe looking at some to flip to generate some more investing cash.

In terms of personal collection its mainly city sets and minifigures that my son has in his room, although I did build the VW Camper the other Christmas which has been built and is on display.

I'm still not up to speed on lots of the themes as I had ignored most of them as they didn't interest me, however that situation is changing quite quickly!

My plan is to take a relatively small amount as the initial investment and grow that into more investing capital, if it all goes wrong I would hope to just about break even and maybe have a few more opened sets in our collection!

It still surprises me how quickly new sets are released and how quickly things can disappear off the shelves from one day to the next.

Anyway I'm happy to share any deals that I find and look forward to hearing from the UK collective too as well as the very well informed members from all over the world.

Seeing all these sets and the crazy dollar prices the go for when on clearance gives me the impression that we get a bit of a raw deal at times, although you never know when that next gem might come knocking on your door.

Is it normal to wake up in the night reciting set numbers and names?? :wacko:

Guest TabbyBoy

"Hot UK Deals" and "Offer of the Day" are 2 of my Safari home pages.  However, I find the best bargains instore at supermarkets.  It's worth popping into every large Sainsbury/Tesco/Asda that you pass if you have time and head for the clearance section.  I bought 7x Friends Horse Trailers for

Thanks for the tips TabbyBoy, I am within easy reach of a few big supermarkets although their range of stock doesn't seem to be that great at times.

I must admit it is now a lot easier to check prices in Tesco if you use one of the handheld scanners!

Think I need to save some home pages on my browser to speed things up a little.