Canadians! Any luck Finding 79007 Black Gate at a Decent Price?

Sandwraith

I've been watching Black Gate's clearance at Walmart, and stock seems to be dwindling. I had 4 at the one closest to me and they all sold over the weekend. There are still a few lingering around in the GTA, but at $65 it hardly seems worth going store to store to get them.

Amazon has them for %20 off at the moment PMing Futureshop or Bestbuy's price (can't remember which). Black Gate and Council of Elrond are the only 2 sets i have not been able to find at a decent discount yet for the LOTR line (Minus Orthanc of course), but i'm not too worried about Council right now as it is a cheaper set. %20 isn't terrible, but i'd rather bite at %30. Obviously this set still should have a long shelf life left so there's lots of time to find a good deal.

Hoping to catch them on clearance at Target, but Target's clearance stuff seems to fly off the shelves in days compared to Walmart which can take months (e.***: MoM at %35 off still kicking around). So actually getting some can be tough if you aren't checking often.

Anyways i'm just curious if any of you have found it at a fairly decent price somewhere. I'm not looking to know exactly where, just the prices you have found them at.

TLDR: What prices have you found Black Gate at that you considered worth buying?

I don't know anywhere else that has these on sale.  Maybe the orders were not big enough so retailers don't feel a need to discount them yet or any futher?  I think eventually in March/April TRU.ca should have a 20%-30% deal on LOTR./Hobbit stuff.  Amazon.ca could surprise us with a flash sale or something.  I would like one each for personal collection (have none of these 2 sets yet).  But for investing/flipping even at 20% off you might have to wait a long time to get decent ROI.  In some ways, might be better to use funds towards Helms Deep at full retail and see that appreciate faster vs stocking up on Council and Blackgate now when it should be available rest of 2014 and beyond perhaps.  Come Sept-Oct, I think all HD's should dry up and retail price will seem like a bargain...prices take off Nov-Dec.  Just my 2 cents.       

Target does have their summer clearance July or August, can't remember...but the discounts were pretty good.  I bought 2 carts full of toys and got plenty of stares haha.  I remember tons of Weathertops still available at first price drop than down further to $37.  I'm not sure if prices went lower after that.  Maybe that's our best bet to get some Council and Blackgate really cheap.     

If you have a London Drugs around you, they are going for $57, just saw them yesterday for that price. I think the deal will go through til the end of the week. 

Edit: Just checked online, they have it for 57, but they charge 7.95 for shipping... so if you buy 10... then it's only an additional 80c cost... lol

If you have a London Drugs around you, they are going for $57, just saw them yesterday for that price. I think the deal will go through til the end of the week. 

Edit: Just checked online, they have it for 57, but they charge 7.95 for shipping... so if you buy 10... then it's only an additional 80c cost... lol

Yeah i saw it on London Drugs, there was a ton of great stuff to grab with that sale, sadly they have no locations in Ontario and most of the sale items were in store only :(

@weakside Certainly banking on a clearance at Target, none of the LOTR stuff seems to be moving much at all in their stores. They seem ripe for a clearance to me! And yes once some LOTR sales happen at TRU or other places most of my funds will go to HD  :thumbsup:

Yea you guys seem to have a lot more sets available when there are sales at target and walmart. In BC most of the shelves are bare by sales time...

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker

The GTA's Target stock has been pretty good since the Christmas rush finished and they got the shelves restocked, but the clearances (on the investment worthy sets that is) are gone within a day or 2. Such a populated area is bound to have many people who check often. I got lucky this year with their jan/feb clearance and happen to be in the store the day they marked down Arctic Batman to $17 and i picked up most of them. 

Also for a note back on topic; Black Gate and Council are the 50 bonus VIP sets for this month. This brings black gate to 124 VIP points, so $5 and change in VIP points by itself. Plus if you are able to go to a Lego store that still has some Manhunters that could be argued at 20-30$ off by holding onto him for a bit. In total being a possible $25-$35 off.

Obviously this is a bit more of a complex discount than say an easy %30 off, but it's something to ponder. Especially since this set is 1 cent under the $75 and you probably should be able to get the fig since it's in store vs. online and the employees seem pretty generous, and if not just throw in a clearanced keychain or brick separator if they insist on over $75

I've been debating getting a couple more Manhunters in store while still spending as close to $75 as possible, so i may just try this :)