Best LEGO set of all time: Unexpected Gathering?!?

I was bored and ran across this post in the brickset forums (what is the best LEGO set of all time?):

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/13335/what-is-the-best-lego-set-of-all-time#latest

The Death Star, Millenium Falcon, and Haunted House were mentioned quite a bit, which didn't surprise me too much, since these are all large LEGO exclusive sets.  The one set that was mentioned just as much as these 3 sets that did surprise me though was The Unexpected Gathering.  I mean, I personally like this little build myself, but to be mentioned amongst the other big name sets as the best set of all time?   That's interesting. 

I just thought I would post this for those who haven't picked one up for personal enjoyment or for investment purposes.  Who knows when the Unexpected Gathering will retire since it's rather iconic to this theme, and there's still one more Hobbit movie yet to be released, but be on the look out for deals.