My order status

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 things.

I reslly don't understand your all wives.....serious real talk. You all have found a way to make extra money for your household. In a way that does not involve you going to another job and taking away a lot of family time relationship time etc. Granted I'm not married but my gf thinks it's awsome that I make money doing this.

Let me explain so you can understand......

When you have a family with kids, it's damn expensive.  Not that I'm complaining, it's just very, very expensive.  You don't have a bunch of diposable income to invest.  When you do, it's really not that much and the investing and then waiting for profit is slow.....very slow.  Especially if you are new to this as I am (I am only like 8-9 months in).  Also, when your wife sees that you are using the disposable income to buy Lego, even if you explain that you are going to make money, she won't be fully convinced until you start raking in some money.  For someone like me who is new and the sets I have are not quite close to retirement or some that are, it will take a long time for me to see any profit.  If you have been playing this investing game for a while like you have, you have had time to build up your portfolio and money and can make a convicing argument to your girlfriend that this is a great side business you are doing.  Plus, you don't have kids.  If I didn't have kids and I could invest all that I wanted, I am sure that I could have already convinced my wife that this is a great side business that is making extra money for the family.  But that hasn't happened yet and I am sure it will but it is going to take some time.  I can't blame wives and/or husbands that are skeptical.  I would be too and wouldn't really believe it until I saw some cash start rolling in.

• Like 3

When you have a family with kids, it's damn expensive.  Not that I'm complaining, it's just very, very expensive.  You don't have a bunch of diposable income to invest.  When you do, it's really not that much and the investing and then waiting for profit is slow.....very slow.  Especially if you are new to this as I am (I am only like 8-9 months in).  Also, when your wife sees that you are using the disposable income to buy Lego, even if you explain that you are going to make money, she won't be fully convinced until you start raking in some money.  For someone like me who is new and the sets I have are not quite close to retirement or some that are, it will take a long time for me to see any profit.  If you have been playing this investing game for a while like you have, you have had time to build up your portfolio and money and can make a convicing argument to your girlfriend that this is a great side business you are doing.  Plus, you don't have kids.  If I didn't have kids and I could invest all that I wanted, I am sure that I could have already convinced my wife that this is a great side business that is making extra money for the family.  But that hasn't happened yet and I am sure it will but it is going to take some time.  I can't blame wives and/or husbands that are skeptical.  I would be too and wouldn't really believe it until I saw some cash start rolling in.

before you go in too deep,

sell some and show the profit if you are making. (if you cannot do that then there is no point in doing it) its a double whammy... losing $$ & not getting any :P

I hear you brother. Damn expensive in both time and money.

• Like 1

before you go in too deep,

sell some and show the profit if you are making. (if you cannot do that then there is no point in doing it) its a double whammy... losing $$ & not getting any :P

Good thing is, is that I haven't gone in too deep and have listened to other people's stories on here about getting in over their heads.  Thankfully, I am not in over my head and everything that I have spent I have been able to do so without incurring credit card debt or spending any savings.  I did sell a GE and an RI and I did show her those profits.  I am waiting for the big one where I can sell a set and make $100-$200 profit and just give her the money.  That will be awesome.

I ordered a Creative Tower at 10:31pm PST last night from Walmart for $35 and in store pickup was the only option. Got a message it is available today for pickup. It could be worth scanning the WM app and mobile site to see if CTs are popping up at your local store.

Sent from my XT1028 using Brickpicker mobile app

you do live next to walmart distribution center. :D ..... your orders came from *** ?

i need to move my last few CT from december then i will be all set to receive new orders :D

yes they did, got lucky.  BF time they did not.  Took awhile to get those.

can't complain about 2am Weds orders beging delivere at 10am the day after.  30 hour turnaround time

Good thing is, is that I haven't gone in too deep and have listened to other people's stories on here about getting in over their heads.  Thankfully, I am not in over my head and everything that I have spent I have been able to do so without incurring credit card debt or spending any savings.  I did sell a GE and an RI and I did show her those profits.  I am waiting for the big one where I can sell a set and make $100-$200 profit and just give her the money.  That will be awesome.

kudos to you broda if you are investing without using your savings or the portion of your saving. { this pretty much means you are already +ve $$ }

• Like 1

I got 29 out of the 50+ CTs I ordered in the mail today. The mailman legitimately lectured me for giving him so much work today. I tried to explain to him that I didn't plan on these arriving on any day and I am not really so sure what I can do about getting things in the mail to ease his workload. I wanted to call his supervisor, but figured I would give him a break with it being this freezing (-15 pre-windchill this am). I am sure I will get some nicely handled packages in the immediate future. Would you guys do anything or just drop it?