SW Clone Wars Season 6. Far better than expected.

jaisonline

I really tried to watch The Clone Wars since the beginning but it only p!ssed me off even more by reminding me of movies I (TPM) & II (AOTC).  I also found the stories lame.  Ugh... (note: I'm an original trilogy fan. however, I did enjoy III (ROTS) to an extent (pretty much the final 30 mins) and that Darth Plagueis novel fronm cover to cover.)

Anyway, I watched the last 4 episodes of The Clone Wars Season 6 on Netflix.  AWESOME!  The last 3 episodes was the Yoda storyline while the other was about Jedi master Sifo Dyas.    Again, AWESOME.  Why?  The storylines tied into the movies (especially the Yoda arch). 

Now I know why Dave Filoni and others really tried to get these released.... 

P.S.  Be sure to watch the closing credits because a few guest stars did voices.

if the older episodes were more like the vast majority of these last 13 had movie-related stories, i think more of the SW fan base would have accepted the show.   hence, maybe the lego line would have been better investments.

anyway... season 6 is currently exclusive to netflix.

they also has the prev 5 seasons and the movie about jabba's kid available for streaming. 

I am looking forward to watching them (starting tonight). The whole family has loved this series from the beginning - you would be surprised how dark many of them were.

It's too bad that Disney is controlling the new series, as I expect that they will try to keep it very light (for kids). 

Yeah, like those Father, Son, Daughter episodes.  Just weird.

Will these ever release on DVD? I want to see them, I can wait for awhile if there is some sort of exclusivity contract with Netflix, but I'd like to eventually see them without getting Netflix.

Sign-up for a free 2 week trial. Sitemail me your email address and I'll forward you a free trial email.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the last 4 episodes of Season 5 to finish up, since we had our DVR replaced and I lost those episodes.  I finished Season 5 & 6 over the past couple weeks.  I really enjoyed the Ahsoka story at the end of Season 5.  Season 6 was great.  There was one slow Jar-Jar arc of about 3 eps, but the rest of the season was stellar.  I do like how they threw in some mythos surrounding Darth Bane, Qui-Gon, Sidious, order 66, and Yoda's future tied into visions of end of the Jedi Order and galactic democracy.  All of these arcs were tied to the movies and I think they added value to the continuity of Star Wars and the Expanded Universe.  Great stuff!

• Like 1