What is your policy regarding selling to users with 0 feedback?

I recently posted a set on bricklink for $95 and it sold a couple days later. (cheapest on BL) The user is from Canada (I'm in the US) and send a message asking if they can pay by paypal and if I will send it as a gift...I responded and said yes you can definitely pay with paypal, but I would not send it as a gift as I'm selling it (I understand customs taxes probably aren't cheap in canada)

However, the user has 0 feedback. I am looking up shipping rates to canada for this large set and it's around $38, and tracking is not available for this feature. The user created an account feb 23, so it's their first 2 weeks apparently. I dont know....should I go ahead and sell and ship without tracking (the option with tracking seems to be twice as much as the already high price) or should I try to cancel the order and only sell to people with 5+ feedback in the future?

I can just imagine the headache of someone saying that they never received and item, and then I'm out both the item and the $38 shipping...

Rabid Moose Attack, Horny Moose Attack, Lonely Moose Attack, Wild Moose Attack, Tame Moose Attack, Killer Moose Attack, Chocolate Moose Attack, need I go on?

Rocky and Bullwinkle on the prowl.

As for the feedback, as long as they pay, I don't worry too much about their feedback unless it's below zero and they are obviously a fraud.  Everybody has to get started on ebay.  Always get tracking, no matter what.

• Like 1

Rocky and Bullwinkle on the prowl.

As for the feedback, as long as they pay, I don't worry too much about their feedback unless it's below zero and they are obviously a fraud.  Everybody has to get started on ebay.  Always get tracking, no matter what.

Thanks guys for the advice. I've sold before but very limited and typically get tracking but not always....I figure when I start selling on a larger scale it will be much less headache if I start doing it every time.

Update: buyer does not want to pay this much and has not said anything in 2 days....still hasn't paid. Can I cancel the order? Someone locally is interested in it and it seems pretty obvious this buyer won't do anything. Do I have to wait a certain amount of time before I can officially cancel it/say they didn't pay?

• 2 weeks later...

Im someone who is new to bricklink and not selling because of zero feedback can be super frustrating i havent actually been able to buy anything via bricklink yet as sellers see zero feedback and in Australia  and just wont take the risk involved. But i can see where it comes from.

Im someone who is new to bricklink and not selling because of zero feedback can be super frustrating i havent actually been able to buy anything via bricklink yet as sellers see zero feedback and in Australia and just wont take the risk involved. But i can see where it comes from.

When I first started on BL, I was able to purchase with low feedback by messaging the sellers before placing an order, explaining that I was new and my desire to place an order, and making sure they knew I would pay via paypal. Once I got to 5 feedback, wasn't an issue anymore....

--------------------

Visit my eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/mo-state-bricks