10218 - Pet Shop

legoaddiction

When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?  

466 members have voted

1. 1. When will 10218 Pet Shop become permanently unavailable at retail?

"Mine" being the Potomac Mills, VA store, where 2 clerks last week swore it was on the discontinued list. 4 PCs right above them too

That store is the nicest one i been in so far. It's big and laid out well.  I was in there a few weeks ago with my daughter. She had a cheer competition and on the way back to PA, we stopped in there. Spent some $$$ in there.. lol  

• Like 1

Yeah, it was definitely in production worldwide in January (going by reported seal codes).  Sigh.

@Lego: How 'bout you show your love for the investor community by offering a PS for TH trade-in program...  I mail you a PS + $50; you mail me a TH.  Sounds fair, no?  And it would be a classy way of apologizing to your friendly neighborhood Lego investor for the out of order retirement.

• Like 1

I think you're pretty safe ordering from LEGO Shop at Home at this point in time. And in my experience, the items usually ship soon than their estimated date.

With the 2015 seal codes I'm pretty sure that backorders are going to get filled. Isn't it still limit 5, too?

I expect the Pet Shop to be this year's Grand Emporium.  Available most of the year and drying up late summer with sporadic F5s through the end of 2015.  Then it will be time to start all over again.  You should be fulfilled by LEGO Shop at Home without issue.

Edited by Brickerbrack
  • Like 2

Fulfilment date is quite soon so I would avoid taking shop stock until there are clearer signs of SOLD OUT pre EOL.

One of the biggest signs (at least to me) will be when it switches to limit 2. I'm happy to get a couple during double VIP in the spring, and as long as it stays limit 5 through the rest of the year I'll hold off.

• Like 1

Bummer. I wanted to get the vip points by ordering through the site. Should I just jump on the first set I see available through any retailer then?

Do you have a Lego store near you?  I went to my local store today and they had 5 on the shelf.  I snagged one and the code indicated it was made in 2015.  I don't think you need to be worried about an order getting cancelled from LEGO Shop at Home.  They are still cranking these out.  Put in an order through LEGO Shop at Home, use your VIP points and then wait.  You should be okay.  I am going to do the same thing for another Pet Shop.  The four other boxes they had at the store were damaged a bit.

I think the jury's out on whether the limit is a useful indicator.  It was with TH, but lots of exclusives start their lives at limit 2 or even 1, and others drop from limit 5 to limit 2 without going anywhere (see DS).  Then there's the timing issue.  By the time Lego dropped SSD below limit 5 last year, it was way to late to buy them without playing the F5 game.  Ditto for GE, except for buying them two at a time from LEGO Shop at Home.  Non-exclusives usually sell out and retire without ever dropping below limit 5.  I do watch the limits for what you might call research purposes, but I don't bank on them.

Edited by GhostDad