Martian Manhunter vs. 2x VIP

I know this has been discussed in other threads but I thought it would be nice to consolidate everyone's opinion in one place.  

March is the free Martian Manhunter with $75 purchase.  April 1 - 15 is 2x VIP points.

How is everyone planning to spread their purchases out?  Is there a certain price threshold that will make you wait until the April 2x points or is the Martian Manhunter just too good to pass up?

I plan to buy at least one Martian Manhunter so that makes the first decision easy.  2x VIP only comes around every 6 months so planning additional purchases, especially on exclusives, takes more analysis.

What is everyone's strategy?

Well, I think it depends on your buying. If you're buying the minimum to get MM, then I think that's a better bet. Let's assume MM ends up at $15, that's basically 20% off if you spend $75 exactly.

Double VIP is basically another 5%. So if you're spending $200 on an item, you're basically breaking even with MM. Any more than that, double VIP is the way to go.

Well, I think it depends on your buying. If you're buying the minimum to get MM, then I think that's a better bet. Let's assume MM ends up at $15, that's basically 20% off if you spend $75 exactly.

Double VIP is basically another 5%. So if you're spending $200 on an item, you're basically breaking even with MM. Any more than that, double VIP is the way to go.

I think you also have to factor in the standard 5% VIP reward this month.

Plus, there is the risk the MM sells out early in the month so waiting until April could be risky if you don't want to miss out.  Most of the sets I'm targeting are $100+.

The double VIP points is an additional 5%.  The difference depends on what you have already got or will get out of the MM minifigure.  Even at a value of $12 for MM, it would take a purchase of more than $240 for the double VIP points to be worth more than MM plus single VIP points.  I guess I'm not sure why some of you are waiting to buy exclusives in April, especially those priced in the $100-200 range.  The March promotion is better IMO.

Where you draw the line on waiting for VIP point versus taking advantage of a good mini fig is going to be different based on which type of "discount" people prefer. IMO MM for an order less than $150 and wait for double VIP for an order greater than that.

• Like 1

Why is everyone so excited about the little Martian?  What am I missing?

He is a original member of the justice league. Who knows how long/if we will see him in a regular set/made again.  People will want the full team and in a year or so I would bet that this figure will go for $30-$40 a pop. I know most here are going to quick flip him, but I believe this one will post strong gains if you wait.

• Like 1

He is a original member of the justice league. Who knows how long/if we will see him in a regular set/made again.  People will want the full team and in a year or so I would bet that this figure will go for $30-$40 a pop. I know most here are going to quick flip him, but I believe this one will post strong gains if you wait.

I imagine he will be in a set in a year or 2 due to the justice League movie.

Question on VIP points.      1 point per $1 spent, and 100 points = $5 off.  But as far as I can tell, in our VIP summary online they only quote your available rewards in increments of $5.   Whatever you have less than $5 increments is still saved in the system, right, and added to your next points earned

i.e.   they`re not scamming us on the decimal points right