10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

No contest between them here. The good and the bad aspect about HH is that it is a standalone set. TH has much more mainstream appeal being part of a Street. Personally, I like HH better and maybe because it was harder to track one down but in ROI terms, the TH is going to be come out well ahead due to its rarity value vs demand.

Every year in Sept-October you will see a pre-halloween spike in sales of HH.

That discussion was right in the midst of that spike I believe.

Sure it will continue to appreciate but it (HH) is also affected by the seasonal swings.

HH getting a spike in sales and value before halloween is 100% true in the US. In Europe it is a different ball game. Here the HH is wanted all year around.

TH will beat HH due to being more scarce at the moment. After a couple of years I guess HH will join TH again up in the high.  

• Like 1

My dilemma will be if the price skyrockets, whether or not to sell the only one I have (which is still sealed).  I bought it for my own collection.  I should just open it now to lessen the temptation to sell it later, but somehow I can't bring myself to do it yet.  It may be tough to keep it if it zooms up to $800-$1000 in a couple of years.

My dilemma will be if the price skyrockets, whether or not to sell the only one I have (which is still sealed). I bought it for my own collection. I should just open it now to lessen the temptation to sell it later, but somehow I can't bring myself to do it yet. It may be tough to keep it if it zooms up to $800-$1000 in a couple of years.

buy a used one - if that is an option- and forget about the sealed one for a couple of years

My dilemma will be if the price skyrockets, whether or not to sell the only one I have (which is still sealed).  I bought it for my own collection.  I should just open it now to lessen the temptation to sell it later, but somehow I can't bring myself to do it yet.  It may be tough to keep it if it zooms up to $800-$1000 in a couple of years.

If you are a cold hearted investor: keep it sealed. 

If you are a fan of lego and love building: open it and enjoy the build. Rather sooner than later cause it will get harder to open it every day that passes.

• Like 2

Ordered some online at MSRP. Shop claims to deliver end of January. I'd be surprised if they actually come through with it, but it doesn't hurt to try.

"Dear Mr XXX

Unfortunately we received the information that the product LEGO Townhall (10224) from your order XXX 19.12.2014 cannot be delivered any longer.

If you do not want to order a different article as an alternative you can cancel the position in your account. If the product has already been paid you are able to initiate a reimbursement with the following link:

..."

That settles that then...

Can't say that I'm surprised. This message is actually from a different store, but this seems to confirm that a Swiss reseller provided these stores with rotten data. 

They still show my GE orders as open, but I guess I'll get a similar message within the next few days.

This comes just on the day that CHF hugely appreciated over EUR and USD, would have had to pay much more than anticipated anyway.

Every year in Sept-October you will see a pre-halloween spike in sales of HH.

That discussion was right in the midst of that spike I believe.

Sure it will continue to appreciate but it (HH) is also affected by the seasonal swings.

Yep. A new modular (DO) on January ? TH is seeked by collectors.

A new monster theme incoming and then halloween ? So the HH will have another peak demand next autumn.

Both are winners, I don't care which will perform better: I invested in both of them.

@makromizer

This really is not a surprise but thanks for the confirmation.

so i just pulled the trigger on ebay for 2 TH for 750$... lol watch it come back now... that would be just my luck =D

I was going to say I would sell you 2 for that price. Still haven't set up my BrickClassified. Then looked on eBay and was like what? I haven't been following this thread or set at all just have them put away for later but looks like that may be coming sooner.

darn, I put in an offer for those 2 on ebay...you offered a little more than me. shipping was 56 for the 2 right?

I seriously think all this talk about the TH here on brickpicker has A LOT to do with the increasing price for this set.

there was one on Amazon this am @ 369 FBA. not sure if you saw my post on the DD

I was going to say I would sell you 2 for that price. Still haven't set up my BrickClassified. Then looked on eBay and was like what? I haven't been following this thread or set at all just have them put away for later but looks like that may be coming sooner.

heh,  i still need one more so if youd like to sell me one for 375$ ill buy it from ya.