10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

I think any Lego towns would have enough police force to take control of any situation. They get upgrades on their police station and some of their vehicles every 2-3 years.

With all the police stations and police sets out there, you'd think they could mount some kind of defense, even without a mayoral bastion.

Lego police aren't issued any guns, they would be defenseless against the impending pack of wolves that would run amok amongst Legotown.

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy

When did you order ?

Wasn't it the same with the HH ? (very recent seals, sets delivered sooner than expected)

I didn't - LOL

I was just messing with your guys to see what reaction I'd get.  I'm going to town tomorrow and will check the seals on one in John Lewis.  I don't beleive they're done yet so, I'm holding off.  All it takes is a rumour to set off a buying frenzy.  My 5x HHs we all 38S4.

How would seal code 42S4 sound and it being delivered 2 weeks earlier than expected?

The batch I received from Target last week were all 13R2 so stock from the very beginning. It will be interesting to see when this latest batch was packed. It would surprise me to see anything current since they cancelled alot of backorders from LEGO Shop at Home 2 weeks ago. 

The last ones I got from LBR were 38R4 so I have the very first and last runs. Darn cool.

Edited by asharerin

I do have to say that if this bad boy is truly gone this year and gets the "official" mark from Lego, then me picking up 14 in one fell swoop at the very end may go down in my very own history books as an amazing opportunity.  When SSD was going and I was able to snag 4 from amazon at the last minute of random inventory I thought that was great. I am now at 24 of these, I figured I was done and wrote it off, thank you Brickpicker!

• Like 2

I do have to say that if this bad boy is truly gone this year and gets the "official" mark from Lego, then me picking up 14 in one fell swoop at the very end may go down in my very own history books as an amazing opportunity.  When SSD was going and I was able to snag 4 from amazon at the last minute of random inventory I thought that was great. I am now at 24 of these, I figured I was done and wrote it off, thank you Brickpicker!

I'll drink to that!

For those that were lucky enough and fortunate enough to stock up on these you will all do very well in the future.

For the rest of us there will be a lesson learned on waiting and not buying. (esp with modulars)

This is my Freshman year and man have I learned a lot about lego buying, investing, collecting etc.

Thanks to BP and all of the great insight on this forum.

Edited by pstebbing
  • Like 1

yesterday was the longest stretch and easiest time i have had ordering quantity of this so far since the great panic began.

i am pretty convinced this is done and those who are flipping it for $50-60 profit now will have to live with their decision 4-5 years from now when it is selling for 5x msrp.

sell some other junk at a loss if you have to but hold onto your TH's.

crown jewels in the making.

yesterday was the longest stretch and easiest time i have had ordering quantity of this so far since the great panic began.

i am pretty convinced this is done and those who are flipping it for $50-60 profit now will have to live with their decision 4-5 years from now when it is selling for 5x msrp.

sell some other junk at a loss if you have to but hold onto your TH's.

crown jewels in the making.

Yes, flipping this set now for a $60 profit s not a wise decision IMO, but it does give others the opportunity to buy in at a fair price.  One could argue that this set at $300 is a good investment if it retires now.  

Sounds like you observed the Target limit 8? hehe  I think they must enforce it as much as TRU enforces there limits which is not.