10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

I don't think a company as big as TRG doesn't have its own schedule and plan. To keep a production line always busy and to maximize its profit I believe they must have a planned production of at least 6 months to a year into the future. Therefore I don't think the recent sold out will have any changes of plan on the town hall production. They probably have new products already lined up to take its spot when it is scheduled to retire. It would be silly to produce more town halls instead of sets as popular as the tumbler right?.  :drinks:  :drinks:  :drinks:

Just received two in from Walmart. Date code: 39R4. That's...interesting.

My opinion is that they're absolutely still making this set and will for a while.

Grand Emporium is still being made, Pet Shop is still being made, and this confirms Town Hall is still very much in production.

I don't understand the panic buying on this set. Inventory drops down to sold out all the time. Why would this set retire when two older modulars are still available is beyond me.

My opinion is that they're absolutely still making this set and will for a while.

Grand Emporium is still being made, Pet Shop is still being made, and this confirms Town Hall is still very much in production.

I don't understand the panic buying on this set. Inventory drops down to sold out all the time. Why would this set retire when two older modulars are still available is beyond me.

I tend to agree with this BUT better safe than sorry. Big box stores have generous return policies if these do come back full force. 

Edited by marcandre

Sellers are upset that eBay and Amazon have a 90 days return policy but they enjoy buying from B&M retailers since they have same policy.

That's how eBay and Amazon compete and attract buyers to your stores. Not cool but that is business .

I just took a return on amz for a $100 21110 I sold a month ago. If I honor long return policies I'm going to use (abuse?) them too.