eBay Deal on 4th Generation 128gb iPad with 4G

Jeff Mack

just a fyi and some unsolicited advice.  i'm not trying to troll because i love using brickpicker click-thrus to support this web site

...just being honest.

ios 7.x is a memory hog on the current (and prev) ipads and iphones.

i'm using the 64gb version of this model (4th generation, LTE).   my ipad was FAST with ios 6.x.  i purchased my dad the same model but with 16GB (ios 6 still installed on his and it runs fast),

with ios 7.x, the 4th gen model consistency needs to have the "active" memory refreshed with an app like sys status.

it has only 1GB of RAM and ios really requires more.  i also did a reinstall of ios 7 on my model (from scratch) and that didn't help.  simply put, 1GB of RAM isn't enough for ios 7.

my two cents is wait until the next model comes out with more RAM.

just a fyi and some unsolicited advice.  i'm not trying to troll because i love using brickpicker click-thrus to support this web site

...just being honest.

ios 7.x is a memory hog on the current (and prev) ipads and iphones.

i'm using the 64gb version of this model (4th generation, LTE).   my ipad was FAST with ios 6.x.  i purchased my dad the same model but with 16GB (ios 6 still installed on his and it runs fast),

with ios 7.x, the 4th gen model consistency needs to have the "active" memory refreshed with an app like sys status.

it has only 1GB of RAM and ios really requires more.  i also did a reinstall of ios 7 on my model (from scratch) and that didn't help.  simply put, 1GB of RAM isn't enough for ios 7.

my two cents is wait until the next model comes out with more RAM.

I respect your opinion and I guess that is your experience, but I will say almost the opposite.  I have 3 iPads in the house 2 of these 4th gen and one 2nd gen.  All of them work very well and I find the battery life to be very acceptable. My kids playing turn the one on and off all day long playing games on it.  Not sure what you are looking for in battery life.   I love these devices and think that iOS7 has been very stable and not overly draining on the battery.  I think everyone will have a different experience, its technology.  Aren't we always waiting for the next big and better thing.