Need PC help Wifi Problem

stackables

I imagine we have some computer guys here that can help me. 

My pc is no longer picking up any wifi signals.  I turned my computer on this morning before work and everything was working fine. Just got home and I have no connection.  My wifi dongle which is just connected via usb isn't picking up any signals at all.  Along with my wifi connection, there is usually a couple of other ones my adapter picks up.  I looked at my device manager and my adapter is registering at "unknown device" with zero drivers.  I am typing this on my laptop and all my tablets are able to connect to my wifi.  Is it possible my adapter crapped out on my?  How should I troubleshoot this?

very possible the adapter crapped out. A lot of the cheaper ones die and show those exact symptoms.  Here is what I would try:

Reboot computer without it in, then add it (probably already did this).

Uninstall the drivers for it, then reinstall them without plugging it in (in case they come with it and are corrupted) by going to the website of the company and downloading them (this may not be possible if its just some small third party device). If you can't do this, just uninstall reinstall.

I would try it without the hub just in case too.

Try to go to the manufacture website and look for the most current driver. Install it and see if there is any change. Also, try to move to a different USB port if you haven't already done so. I've had usb ports take a crap on me. Other than that you may be looking at shelling out $20 for a new one.

I plugged it into my laptop and I get the error device malfunctioned or something like that.  Uninstalled/reinstalled driver latest driver.  Adapter is Rosewill RNX-EasyN1. Latest driver is from 2010 and doesn't say anything about win7.  I have had this adapter for along time and it worked before so I am thinking it just crapped the bed.  Guess I will take a look at Newegg and get another one.  Not having a good day :(

Thanks for the help