Box Defect - half 42009 half 9398

leaningjowler

Hello,

Got this box in a recent tru order that arrived mostly destroyed. 2 9398's one busted up pretty good, 1 funhouse that looked like someone chopped it in half with a machete, 1 batwing (should have been another funhouse) with a huge whole in the box. 

Saw this and initially thought they sent a 42009 but then pulled back the top and it was a 9398. Any opinions on value for this or lack of value?

Sorry that pics are upside down... 

Thanks!

post-2452-0-72553100-1393258052_thumb.jp

post-2452-0-95883900-1393258061_thumb.jp

My opinion has always been - It wont be worth something unless it is a famous misprint - Like a curse word or something of that nature on the box. Mispelling Flux Capacitor was close, but something like this I don't see enough.

On the other hand, you never know - maybe it comes out public that 100 of these happened and becomes big news.

better question is - which set is inside?

Weight is slightly over 6lb and feels about the same as the other one so either a 9398 or a 41999 :)

My opinion has always been - It wont be worth something unless it is a famous misprint - Like a curse word or something of that nature on the box. Mispelling Flux Capacitor was close, but something like this I don't see enough.

On the other hand, you never know - maybe it comes out public that 100 of these happened and becomes big news.

better question is - which set is inside?

This didn't come from TLG like this.  The top flaps of these boxes are merely hotglued on to the top of the main box, and are notorius for just popping off when being shipped/handled.  TRU just glued the wrong one back on.  The set in the box is the 4x4.     

Just looked again and I am pretty sure this is what happened. Sending it back thanks for the post.