Hi all, big ask, help!!!!!

Hi all, Sorry for joining and asking for help straight away

I have been a collector for years and recently i was given a set of Lego from one of my business clients

I am looking for some guidance as it is way too big for me to keep at home

It is a 16500 brick count bespoke design of a diorama of Yoda designed by Duncan Titchmarsh for a Star Wars event. I have the business card of the designer and all the build instructions
It is 1m2 made up of 16 8x8 plates wide and 16 8x8 plates high with approx 15 different colour 1x1 singles making the diorama

Makes a flat (1 single high) 128 pieces x 128 piece picture, approx 16500 pieces

Can anyone give me any guidance of value, possible sale points? I really can't keep it at home as its currently in 3 large boxes and my wife isn't happy about it cluttering the conservatory

Thanks in advance

Adam 

It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay.  I know that is a cliche but it has to apply here as it is a unique piece that we cannot accurately predict a price for from historical sales.

Put it together, take good pics, and list it for sale as an auction and see how it goes.  Maybe start with a high side reserve and lower it if it doesn't sell.

I would guess the value would be mostly in the bricks. Since it isn't a large, glued, one of a kind type of thing, I wouldn't see any extra value in it beyond the bricks. It sounds like a mosaic that was designed for event attendees to participate in by building their own little section and then they're all put together. I would say your best bet is to put it up for auction on ebay and see what happens. I would say the bricks are worth around $500, depending on the mix of colors it includes.

• Like 1

I would guess the value would be mostly in the bricks. Since it isn't a large, glued, one of a kind type of thing, I wouldn't see any extra value in it beyond the bricks. It sounds like a mosaic that was designed for event attendees to participate in by building their own little section and then they're all put together. I would say your best bet is to put it up for auction on ebay and see what happens. I would say the bricks are worth around $500, depending on the mix of colors it includes.

I was thinking the same - worth the bricks. If you build it, you can get extra out of it (may take longer to sell) just because you can make it look like more than a bunch of bricks. If you can get good pictures of it in pieces, you may be able to still get a decent amount out of it.

On the other hand, it will probably take longer to sell as a giant mosaic than as a bucket of bricks. Bucket of bricks appeals to a lot more people. not that people don't know its all bricks, but just with the way people search for bulk, etc.