Maersk Ship loses more than 500 containers in heavy seas

exciter1

This is the beginning of the movie "All is Lost."  They should equip these containers with some kind of tracking.  I have nightmares about being on a boat that I don't even own yet and waking up to one of these containers making a huge gash in the boat I don't even own yet.  And to make it worse, the boat I don't even own yet sinks.  I might as well not even buy the damn thing now.

• Like 6

This is the beginning of the movie "All is Lost."  They should equip these containers with some kind of tracking.  I have nightmares about being on a boat that I don't even own yet and waking up to one of these containers making a huge gash in the boat I don't even own yet.  And to make it worse, the boat I don't even own yet sinks.  I might as well not even buy the damn thing now.

They do. One of the ways oceanographers track the direction and speed of ocean currents is by tracking containers lost at sea. There is a famous example of a shipment of 100,000 rubber ducks washing ashore in the Pacific Northwest after being lost at sea for about 6 months.

They do. One of the ways oceanographers track the direction and speed of ocean currents is by tracking containers lost at sea. There is a famous example of a shipment of 100,000 rubber ducks washing ashore in the Pacific Northwest after being lost at sea for about 6 months.

Cool.  I just read that in the article.  There was another example of thousands of Dorito packages.  I guess we are just going to ruin the whole damn planet with crap.