Newbie Question...Yeah I know. Sorry... (Star Wars UCS)

Just a quick question about Star Wars UCS sets.  So I really have my eye on the Ewok Village but right now I only see it on lego.com.  I know I've seen UCS in non-LEGO brick and mortar stores like Walmart, Target, etc. so I guess my question is does LEGO make these sets exclusive to them for a certain amount of time before sending out out to other retail outlets?  I'm not in a super hurry to grab a bunch of these but I was hoping that they may be in other big box stores for holiday season 2014 so they might be discounted or I can use coupons for them.  Does LEGO do this for others sets as well?  Thanks for your help!

Ewok Village is not a UCS set.  Just a large Star Wars set.

Lego make quite a few of the larger sets, both UCS or non-UCS, exclusive to themselves, or themselves and another large retailer (for the US market).  Then after a few months or a year or 2 they get often get pushed out to other retailers.

Lego make quite a few of the larger sets, both UCS or non-UCS, exclusive to themselves, or themselves and another large retailer (for the US market).  Then after a few months or a year or 2 they get often get pushed out to other retailers.

Thanks!  I thought that might be the case.  Perhaps instead of focusing on the Ewok Village this year I should concentrate on it next year (Unless it become available to other retailers of course.) and look for other UCS that I can pick up.

From my observations, TRU usually gets these exclusives first out of the major retailers after Lego.

My word choice was poor here. Meant sooner in comparisson the Ewok Village.

I'd like to believe that but I've seen several sets, small, large, UCS, non-UCS come and go whilst the DS has been out there.

Once it goes 'retired' in LEGO Shop at Home I will believe it's gone.

Bottom line, there are much better investment options out there. To the OP, check the site, tons of useful info for you to use!

Thanks for all the input!  This rookie really appreciates it.  For now I'm trying to stay away from the DS.  I hear that it's the most sold set out there so I'm guessing the market is saturated with it.  I was thinking about maybe getting a DS w/ some giftcards I have and see if anybody would like to trade it for a Super Star Destroyer once I get up to 20 posts.

So let me ask this, some of you have said that the new Ewok Village is not a UCS.  I'm not doubting you I guess I've read on other sites that it's a UCS if it starts with the number ten.  Another website says it's not a UCS unless it comes w/ a minifig and display card.  I guess the only way to know for sure is if the set actually says UCS on it right?  Thanks again!

Thanks for all the input!  This rookie really appreciates it.  For now I'm trying to stay away from the DS.  I hear that it's the most sold set out there so I'm guessing the market is saturated with it.  I was thinking about maybe getting a DS w/ some giftcards I have and see if anybody would like to trade it for a Super Star Destroyer once I get up to 20 posts.

So let me ask this, some of you have said that the new Ewok Village is not a UCS.  I'm not doubting you I guess I've read on other sites that it's a UCS if it starts with the number ten.  Another website says it's not a UCS unless it comes w/ a minifig and display card.  I guess the only way to know for sure is if the set actually says UCS on it right?  Thanks again!

10xxx sets are just exclusives. Here is a list of all the UCS sets 7784 Batmobile is supposedly UCS as well but doesn't come with the plaque.