Vintage Lego's from 70's

I have always been surprised at the low prices of some of the old Lego sets.  I have negotiated $40 price for Lego Set 50-1 and 911-1 in very good, used condition with original box, tray and plastic tray cover.  I am thinking about backing out because there seems like no growth and limited demand on eBay.  They seem like historically important sets as the 50 has the old style figures, and 911 has the proto-minifigure.

Anyone else collect vintage Lego?  Should I pass?

I picked up one of these a couple of years back for 25 quid http://brickset.com/sets/355-1 It had the box and polystyrene in fair condition and the three inner boxes in really good condition. The baseplates were glued to the cardboard but the Lego was absolutely mint, I'd never seen anything like it for a vintage set, the colours were really bright still, a few of the black bricks from the crane had tooth marks. I put it up for auction 100 quid and it sold for 101. Maybe I should have put it on a buy it now or best offer at 150.