Sears.ca %20 off Select Sets (again)!

Sandwraith

Sears.ca has some Lego sets %20 off again:

http://www.sears.ca/catalog/lego/11050-100003664-400002270#guidedNav

Most of these sets have previously been on sale on sears.ca, some were even %30-35 off during the holidays, but there are a few on this list that were not part of the holiday sales like the Millennium Falcon and Attack on Weathertop (which i intend to get a few of).

I'm guessing it might also be possible to use some of their coupon codes as well on-top of the sales. Also remember to ship to store, not to home! They do not ship their stuff in boxes, just Sears bags.

Sale ends Feb 20th.

That's actually a good price for MF, especially for Canadians that only buy domestically.  Add in the promo code it's no taxes.  The Duel on Geonosis looks like a decent investment too...but I'm leaning towards not buying/cutting back on SW stuff unless it's crazy deals on good sets.  I'm redirecting to more superheroes and modulars, bigger sets.  I would pick up a few MF's but have a couple already and need to save up for my Modulars in March :)  Thanks for posting. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well my Falcon's arrived at my local Sears today, went to pick them up and they all seemed in good shape, but i was in a hurry to beat rush hour and didn't look thoroughly enough. Each one (i got 3) has quite clearly been opened on one end (the tape does not match up with the previous tape marking).

No way i can pass them off as factory sealed, might just return them at this point.

Well my Falcon's arrived at my local Sears today, went to pick them up and they all seemed in good shape, but i was in a hurry to beat rush hour and didn't look thoroughly enough. Each one (i got 3) has quite clearly been opened on one end (the tape does not match up with the previous tape marking).

No way i can pass them off as factory sealed, might just return them at this point.

That sucks! Really unfortunate when they do this kind of thing. 

That's horrible.  Seems very odd you got all three that way.  Seems like it could be an inside job.

Each one (i got 3) has quite clearly been opened on one end (the tape does not match up with the previous tape marking).

Yikes, that sucks.  I'd be livid.

I have one on order as well.   I only got one and its for my own personal collection with intent to open.  And I'd still be pissed if mine is like that because then I have to be concerned (obviously) about missing content.

Chances are the set might be ok and 100% complete...but yeah, I wouldn't take the chance.  It's nice to sell things with factory seals intact.  If it was one set for personal use i would probably take it, bring it home make sure all the bags are there (sealed) and if there's any issue/missing stuff just return it.  If I remember correctly it was a pretty good deal for us Canadians so might be awhile before we see it discounted that much again (if you only buy domestically).

Lets hope when you return it...the cashier doesn't give you hassles like saying you open them!  Generally Sears is pretty good at returns, easy.   

Lets hope when you return it...the cashier doesn't give you hassles like saying you open them!  Generally Sears is pretty good at returns, easy.   

That`s true. All things considered though, Sears is really struggling to maintain any hold on the market. They`ve been on a downhill slope for years now. You`de think they would take better care with packaging, shipping, etc. 

That`s true. All things considered though, Sears is really struggling to maintain any hold on the market. They`ve been on a downhill slope for years now. You`de think they would take better care with packaging, shipping, etc. 

In the GTA at least they have closed almost all of their stores. When i went to pick them up there was another customer in front of me asking why so many locations are closed and the employee said: "We can't afford the rent anymore, but don't worry, Sears is doing just fine" Those two lines really don't go together in the same sentence haha.

But yes you would think they would be taking better care of their stuff to keep the customers. Not only were the boxes open, but they also had the shipping sticker slapped on the front of each box, and some other random sears barcodes (likely for inventory purposes) that were taped on with shipping tape... Blow dryer worked wonders getting them off with no marks, but still...

I think Sears is in trouble mainly because of higher lease rates, bad branding (feels old), competition and also their work force.  Have you noticed most of the agents/reps are easily +40yrs old...most likely employees that have been working there for a long time, with decent benefits and wage increases here and there just for being with the company +10yrs.  I'm not trying to be 'ageism' and think older folks and seniors need jobs for sure...but if sales don't increase and salary does...eventually it's not good for corp and employees.

Sears pounds out a lot of sales which is good marketing...if you have a sears card (I don't) there's some savings too for people who like pts etc.  People use to buy tvs, washers, book vacations, toys etc. etc. with sears but honestly I would rather buy a new tv at the same cost at another place like Bestbuy.  Maybe the younger generation prefers shopping elsewhere and has no loyalty to Sears or other place their parents use to shop.  

I never had a problem with those 'inventory stickers'...I order +30 SW battle packs one time and it was a pain (time waster) ripping them off.  But think of the cost/labour it took for someone or a machine to stick those on EACH box!  Doesn't make sense.  If I buy one than sure...if a customers buys multiples all they need is an overall invoice.  Guess sometimes they have to ship from other locations and scan it in but it's not very efficient.