BLACK FRIDAY 2012 [USA DEALS]

We will start to compile a list of all Black Friday Deals for the USA. As they come in, we will update them here. All listings may not be just for Black Friday, but just good discounts that I am trying to compile in one area.

Amazon.com

LEGO Lord of the Rings Video Game for All Systems $29.99

LEGO Duplo Legoville Deluxe Train Set (5609) 38% Off, only $74.99 (retail 119.99)

LEGO Star Wars 9515 The Malevolence 25% off, $89.97

R2-D2 (10225) Only $139.97 22% off

LEGO Creator Lighthouse Island 5770 $30.97

LEGO Creator Apple Tree House (5891) $32.99 (27% off)

Walmart

Monster Fighters Vampire Castle (9468) $90.97

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean Whitecap Bay $54.97

2 for $20 bundle, includes Star Wars Battlepacks

2 for $60 Bundle

LEGO Building Sets Value Bundle - 2 for $29

Target

LEGO POTC Black Pearl (4184) $74.99 Not sure if it will be available online, but you can keep trying to see if it is available.

YoYo.com

Save 15% when you buy 2+ LEGO City and LEGO Creator products at Yoyo.com!

They also offer a 30% off ONE TOY (FIRST ORDER ONLY), type in code YOYO30!!

LEGO SHOP @ HOME

-- 10% off all orders of $149 or more

-- Free Limited Edition Holiday set with orders of $99 or more.

-- FREE Shipping on all orders of $49 or more.

-- All offers Valid: Nov 23rd

I have a question that maybe the more experienced buyers can answer. If I add the items to my bag now, will the price automatically adjust when I go in to my account on Friday (assuming the items are still available)? I just think it would be easier then adding them one at a time on that day and streamline the process. Also, are these discounts off the retail price or the sale price (if there is one)?

I have a question that maybe the more experienced buyers can answer. If I add the items to my bag now, will the price automatically adjust when I go in to my account on Friday (assuming the items are still available)? I just think it would be easier then adding them one at a time on that day and streamline the process.

Also, are these discounts off the retail price or the sale price (if there is one)?

You probably can put it in your cart. Maybe max quantities might change. It probably is off of MSRP.

Very disappointed in the sets that are going to be on sale. Might have to pass on this sale all together. Maybe I can find a couple of things I want.

I will agree for the most part, looks like they're clearing out the garage here, moving junk that doesn't sell(i.e. watches, keychins, clocks). But I am happy the mini modulars are going on sale, was looking to pick up 1 or 2 of those, because I really think that they will continue the line and offer more minis of continued modulars like Pet Shop, Town Hall, and future modulars. I am hopeful that people will figure this out later(if I'm right) and need to go back to get the original at a hefty markup. BWAAHAHAHAHA.

I am more than happy to be doing my shopping from here while my wife goes out and shops from 8pm to god knows when tomorrow morning.

Looks like all the deals are now live. I can see the price reductions on the listed sets are now active. The site seems to be getting hit pretty hard right now though.

You could say that. VIP points not working currently, also, my order is not showing 10% off or bonus set. It is definitely in overload right now.

You probably can put it in your cart. Maybe max quantities might change. It probably is off of MSRP.

That worked. All the items in my cart had the discounts applied. Total reflected 10% off.

All VIP points were showing correctly next to the items being ordered.

I placed my order with no trouble. I saved over $250 on my $500+ order after I used saved up VIP points. I am a happy camper.

Next up Amazon for the deals I couldn't get at LEGO Shop at Home. It's going to be yet again another Lego Christmas for my kids.

-***-

We will start to compile a list of all Black Friday Deals for the USA. As they come in, we will update them here. All listings may not be just for Black Friday, but just good discounts that I am trying to compile in one area.

Amazon.com

LEGO Lord of the Rings Video Game for All Systems $29.99

LEGO Duplo Legoville Deluxe Train Set (5609) 38% Off, only $74.99 (retail 119.99)

LEGO Star Wars 9515 The Malevolence 25% off, $89.97

R2-D2 (10225) Only $139.97 22% off

You can add the Lighthouse 5770 for $30.97 to your list......

Just an FYI.... I placed my order at 11:00pm CST on Thursday and most of my items arrived Saturday evening at 5:30pm. These were the sets that could fit in a medium sized parcel plus the promotional items (TC-14 & Winter Holiday set). I am assuming the large items (cargo train and B-wing) will be sent separately since they are huge boxes. Not bad for free shipping...

Looks like amazon jacked the price of the lighthouse back up again.....

what is with that outfit? I swear Amazon's prices yo-yo all over the place. One day an item is up, next day it's down, then up, then down...worse than the freakin' stock market. it only seems to do this with Lego's.

Is the market THAT volatile for plastic bricks?

Looks like amazon jacked the price of the lighthouse back up again.....

what is with that outfit? I swear Amazon's prices yo-yo all over the place. One day an item is up, next day it's down, then up, then down...worse than the freakin' stock market. it only seems to do this with Lego's.

Is the market THAT volatile for plastic bricks?

Amazon is a great place to find deals, but you really need to check back on our AMAZON.COM DISCOUNTS PAGE every hour or two, or you might miss a sweet deal. Jeff has been updating more than the usual 4 times a day to find more deals. I just bought the 10219 Maersk Train, knowing it will be EOL shortly. At $104.99, it is a solid deal and it will be gone from major retailers soon I believe.

What happens on Amazon is there are software algorithms used for pricing many products, including products listed by other sellers, but fulfilled by Amazon. Those algorithms often change prices minute by minute based on what is selling, how busy are the fulfillment centers, competitor pricing, etc. Amazon wants to keep a steady flow of products shipping in order to keep their 20 fulfillment centers working close to capacity. The leaner you can be in the supply and fulfillment chains the higher your profit, so prices are minutely manipulated to achieve optimum profit. There is a site, camelcamelcamel.com that tracks Amazon prices for you. The problem I have with camel is by the time I get the email it is often too late as they are sold out or the price is changed. But camel has an interesting discussion on their site why they don't ping amazon second by second for prices. Everything I am interested in purchasing I put in the Amazon 'save for later' bin. Then when I click on my Amazon shopping cart it automatically shows me a list of all items that have changed price since the last time I looked. Works the best for me, but I still do use camel as the price charts and email updates are useful on the less popular items.

What happens on Amazon is there are software algorithms used for pricing many products, including products listed by other sellers, but fulfilled by Amazon. Those algorithms often change prices minute by minute based on what is selling, how busy are the fulfillment centers, competitor pricing, etc. Amazon wants to keep a steady flow of products shipping in order to keep their 20 fulfillment centers working close to capacity. The leaner you can be in the supply and fulfillment chains the higher your profit, so prices are minutely manipulated to achieve optimum profit.

There is a site, camelcamelcamel.com that tracks Amazon prices for you. The problem I have with camel is by the time I get the email it is often too late as they are sold out or the price is changed. But camel has an interesting discussion on their site why they don't ping amazon second by second for prices.

Everything I am interested in purchasing I put in the Amazon 'save for later' bin. Then when I click on my Amazon shopping cart it automatically shows me a list of all items that have changed price since the last time I looked. Works the best for me, but I still do use camel as the price charts and email updates are useful on the less popular items.

Looks like a useful site. This site's Amazon Discounts page at least notifies you of all the Lego sets that are 15% or more discounted from retail, thus showing you some sets you might have overlooked. I like its simplicity.