Amazon order returned undeliverable 2.5 months later - what to do?

stoltzjl77

Last week I got a notice from the USPS that I had a package at the post office with postage due. The notice was to my business name, so I figured it was an Amazon order. I went back through all my Amazon records for the past 45 days and nothing turned up as not having been delivered, so I was really puzzled. I went to the post office and it was an Emma's Horse Trailer I sold on Nov. 15th. It was marked undeliverable, return to sender. I paid the $3.90 postage due, box was pretty beat up but the set inside was in perfect condition (just like I sold it!).

Obviously the buyer didn't complain. I'm a bit disappointed with the postal service that it took more than 2 months to be returned to me, but meh. My question is, what would you do? I'm not going to bother offering to re-ship since I'm already out the original shipping fee + another $3.90. I'm thinking give a partial refund and charge a restock fee, but I'm not even sure if I have that option anymore. Thoughts?

Refund them. It's not right to keep their money and their product. It's fine to deduct for your postage and original fees -- I haven't had to deal with an Amazon refund in a long time, though, so find out how that's handled over there, you may or may not be able to the partial refund thing like you can on eBay.

• Like 1

What's the problem if you refuse a refund to a buyer? On Amazon, of course

A buyer requested me a return for an order...his comment was only "not what expected"

I ask her which is the problem and I'm waiting for her answer

Never happened to me this so i ask you: could I refuse the return? who have to pay the shipping for the return? the amazon fees of the sell are lost? 

Refund them. It's not right to keep their money and their product. It's fine to deduct for your postage and original fees -- I haven't had to deal with an Amazon refund in a long time, though, so find out how that's handled over there, you may or may not be able to the partial refund thing like you can on eBay.

I think that might be something you would do because you want to, but I find it hard to believe that you have to after this length of time.  Is amazon like ebay in that claims can't be filed after a certain time?  (I'm guessing this is true)

If the time is up and they never filed a claim I wouldn't even contact them.  But that is me, and I guess you need to follow your moral code here.

Sent a note, we'll see if I get a reply - last time this happened, the buyer never replied back. That time I gave a refund less the shipping cost. And the buyer gave me 5-star feedback - having never received her item (a Ghost Train, I think). So maybe this one will turn out the same way! I guess this one feels different because it's been so long - the last one was only 3 weeks.