Gotta Build 'em All - Introduction

Hey everyone! I'm 26 years old and live in North Carolina.  I had a nice sized Lego collection as a kid and rediscovered it in my teens/early 20's.  I started organizing everything by piece, building and separating old sets, and expanding the collection with bulk lots from Ebay and Craigslist.  I used sites like peeron to track everything and help me build over 100 sets with quite a few "in progress" missing a handful of pieces that I hope to run across some day.  

About 4 years ago, I rediscovered my pokemon card collection.  Compared to lego sets, pokemon sets were much easier to collect and I put all of my energy into it, storing all of my legos in my parents basement (temperature controlled).  I was able to complete a master english set as well as collect many promos and Japanese cards.  I began selling off my extras, keeping only one of each card and somehow, I was able to "break even" recently.  This was mostly thanks to a large YouTube following (TheCatsMeowth if anyone's interested).  So I have a huge valuable collection that I essentially didn't have to pay for.

I recently bought my first house and decided it was time to not only move the Lego collection over, but get back into collecting (though I will continue collecting Pokemon as well).  I consider myself a set collector, though I don't care about boxes or manuals.  if I have them, it's a bonus, but I'd rather have the actual lego set.  After I built a set, I'd display it for a while, then take it apart, label it in a ziploc bag and store it.  

After my "break even" experience with Pokemon, I've considered trying to do the same with my Lego collection, though I don't think this is possible for me.  Even if I have a duplicate set, I feel like I wouldn't want to part with it because the pieces could go to another set.  Though perhaps as I build I'll change my mind as I build.  

I decided to start up a YouTube channel to share my collection with the world (many of my pokemon fans are also lego fans and had requested that I do something to show it off).  I named it "Gotta Build 'em All" and while I will be focusing on actual lego sets, I would love to try and do some pokemon related stuff (mosaics, building various creatures, building scenes from the games/show).  Unfortunately I'm not the most creative when it comes to designing Lego creations, but it seems like there are quite a few programs to help with this.  Mostly I'll be doing time lapse builds while doing amateur reviews.  There's not much on the channel now, but in case anyone is interested (feel free to critique once reviews/build actually go up), the link at the moment is:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoaaUIOtgZoj23dQEV-aajg

My birthday's coming up, so I decided to treat myself to a bulk lot to kick off the new channel.  Soon I'll be showing the scores from a 40 lb collection with over 100 minifigures!  I'm really excited to be part of this site too!  Identifying unique pieces can be fairly time consuming (and not as much fun as sorting or building), so I plan on utilizing that area of the forum quite a bit!

What city are you in? I am in Raleigh. Welcome.

I'm in Burlington, so not far away from you!

Someone mentioned that the link didn't work, so here's one that hopefully will.  I think there's some catch about having to have multiple videos up before they make it "easy" to find channels.  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoaaUlOtgZoj23dQEV-aajg