shipping to pakistan

donliu

Not sure what to do. I listed a 31313 and someone from Pakistan bought it without using the GSP. I guess its alright since I can still use USPS. My problem is the buyer has 0 feedback. I made sure when I made the listing that it wouldnt sell to anyone with a negative feedback but that didn't stop this guy from buying it since he doesn't have any feedback :) Im assuming if I cancel it he might put negative feedback on me now. If it wasn't a $350 item and maybe a $50 item I wouldn't worry bout it to much. What would u do in this situation?

First, go fix your international settings to exclude the countries you're not comfortable shipping to.

Then, ship as you agreed,print your label through eBay and buy the third party insurance they offer (it's better and easier to make a claim with than through USPS) and take your chances, unless you prefer the possible neg and possible strike of a non-performing seller.

I can't even count the number of posts I've seen in these forums from people not checking their eBay settings before selling expensive items. Yes, they're complicated to wade through, but do it, every single one of them, because mistakes can be expensive in dollars, eBay status, or both.

The zero feedback thing only works on Auctions - or its broken. I have it on but I still get 0 feedback buyers all the time internationally.

The good thing is its probably ok. I have shipped several expensive things including a $500 set to a zero feedback buyer without an issue at all. Buy the insurance and you will be fine.

International 0 feedback is much more common than if it was domestic.

Ok where do you find the third party insurance? Before or after I send the invoice? Im not seeing it anywhere. Do you guys charge for handling charges on International orders? if you do how much do you normally charge?

How much feedback do you have as a seller?

I have a feeling you are going to get burned on this deal. My advice is to message your buyer stating you do not ship to pakistan and then send a cancellation request. Then make sure you use GSP only as you have no experience shipping internationally. If you get a neg no big deal just create another seller account and start again - I am guessing you are new to selling so no big loss.

I do have GPS setup and have used it before.  I have 44 feedback with 100% rating. I called ebay and found out that GSP doesnt ship every where. I do remember When I made the listing I also made another option that it will ship world wide. I guess that is what happened. Starting all over would really suck it took me a while to just get here =) 

44 feedback is nothing. You can always set up a new account, buy some 1 cent items and get your feedback up to 20-30. Then start selling some cheap items and you will have over 100 positive feedback in less than 1 month. My advice is you should always have a few backup selling accounts. If you get a few bad buyers who neg or ding your dsrs then abandon it and move on.

As for your current situation I think learning how to ship internationally without getting burned on a $350 item is a recipe for disaster. Good luck.

Ok where do you find the third party insurance? Before or after I send the invoice? Im not seeing it anywhere. Do you guys charge for handling charges on International orders? if you do how much do you normally charge?

If you do decide to go through with the transaction (and you should strongly consider Asharerin's advice, too - it's a viable alternative), you need to CHARGE WHAT YOU SAID YOU WOULD CHARGE.

Sorry to yell, but you can't just go adding handling fees and insurance costs on the buyer's side if you didn't spell that out in your terms and conditions to start with - you'll need to eat those costs in this case and change future transactions prior to selling them if you want changes. Ditto the shipping method you stated when you said Worldwide in the listing - the buyer pays for whatever service you said he was going to pay for, if you want to upgrade to better service or tracking or whatever, that's on you.

Go read your listing, see what you promised, and if you go through with the deal, fulfill what you promised.

You can find the third party insurance costs by going to "Print Label" on eBay after your buyer pays. If eBay's insurance doesn't offer coverage to Pakistan, you can buy USPS insurance instead.

well i guess i could go that route and start all over. I dont want to lose out $350. Yes you are right justafrog i shouldnt go adding fees if i didnt put that on my listing. I did put that if you live outside the US that there will be additional charges and that they should contact me before buying to avoid any delays.