30280 - The Piece of Resistance

Doofy McGee

You know I still do not get polybags....just not my thing.  However that being said they are little pots of gold.

Two Scenarios:

1.  Movie flops and this polybag does ok....

2. Movie is runaway hit....and the polybag shoots rainbows and uni-kitties all over the place and leaves you a nice chunk of change under your pillow......Which you will be excited about....but then you discover you have to clean up after the uni-kitties....

Ok, so I might have exaggerated option #2 a wee bit....but you get the idea

Emmet with the Piece of Resistance strapped on his back is practically in every single set there is for The Lego Movie so unless you are an absolute diehard polybag completest, I would be hard-pressed to say it will be worth much at all. Snag and flip like no tomorrow as I don't see anything worth long term here. The 'free' part is the only bit that helps.

Emmet with the Piece of Resistance strapped on his back is practically in every single set there is for The Lego Movie so unless you are an absolute diehard polybag completest, I would be hard-pressed to say it will be worth much at all. Snag and flip like no tomorrow as I don't see anything worth long term here. The 'free' part is the only bit that helps.

Thanks OrcKing.  That is the kind of answer I was looking for.  I didn't know that the Piece of Resistance was super common.  That being said, this is a definite pass.

Dont get me wrong though... vincevaughn's answer was great too!  :)

Thanks OrcKing.  That is the kind of answer I was looking for.  I didn't know that the Piece of Resistance was super common.  That being said, this is a definite pass.

Thanks....I was aiming my scenarios at the quick flip....When OrcKing mentioned long term game plan for a polybag....well....mind blown :logik: .  I will have to look into that as I have only ever seen polybags as a quick flip item.....

I am actually more of a quick flipper too.  I just love polybags because they are typically a little more "exclusive" than most things out there.  I mean this in the sense that anybody can go to any store right now and buy an Arctic Batman set, but the polybags are a little harder to come by.  Know what I mean?

Now I do not know 100% but I believe the Emmet in this polybag is the same as the one included with Cloud Cuckoo Palace as they seem to share the same head. On a personal note, I do like this variant of Emmet best overall. Anyway aside from that little detail, there still doesn't seem to be anything else unique.

30280_main.jpg

gure_3.jpg

Thanks....I was aiming my scenarios at the quick flip....When OrcKing mentioned long term game plan for a polybag....well....mind blown :logik: .  I will have to look into that as I have only ever seen polybags as a quick flip item.....

Well, I try to always consider the pros & cons from both sides of the spectrum. A lot of polybags among other limited items usually make the best flips but some do hold the potential for growing over time.

Every time I see him with that, I think of Pilgrim's Progress....

Anyway, I agree with the above posters that it probably won't do that well. Nothing unique. That said, there are others, like Thor and the Cosmic Cube, that have done fine for not being exclusive (Though being limited to the largest Avengers set still made Thor rather rare....)