Imperial Flagship (10210)

Legodog

Question

I purchased an Imperial Flagship last year for $175 on eBay. When I received it I opened the box just to verify the contents. Everything was there and the bags were sealed however there was one piece loose in the box. I looked through the bags and I see a piece almost exactly like it in one of the bags however the printing is a slightly different color. My only thought is that maybe the original version had some sort of defect so they included this one. Does anyone know what this duplicate piece is or why it would be loose in the box?

I am getting ready to list it on eBay and want to figure this out before I do so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

post-4433-0-89911500-1391012225_thumb.jp

6 answers to this question

I just read a little tidbit on Bricklink stating that early production runs of the set sometimes contained a misprinted variation so they tossed in a loose slope with the correct printing thrown in. That mistake was actually for ones with red print in the middle for some reason. Either way, I say you have a nicely rare part.

Awesome. Thank you for the info.

That is the dress of the governor's daughter.  http://www.brickset.com/minifigs/?m=pi121  This is the exact part: http://www.brickset.com/parts/?part=4565204.  Chances are that the sorting machine messed up or the person selling you the set accidentally included another part.  That piece should not be included in the spare piece list, because it is part of a minifigure.

It could have just been a misprint as the correct one has the gold and blue part in the middle reversed unless someone can find this exact piece in another set.

That is almost what I was thinking. Just wondering if anyone has put one of these together and noticed this extra piece.