Lego in the Nairobi airport

Just flew through Nairobi and had several hours to kill there. Was bored as hell so i started browsing the duty free shops. Came across one with Legos and first thing to catch my eye were two Harry Potter purple bus sets...alas when I looked at the price they were 70 bucks each...damn, had to pass. Then saw two whitecap bays...150 bucks each. passed. I guess the people who own the shop feel like they need to mark up sets so much in order to turn a profit. A bunch of old friends sets too but all were in terrible condition. Left very disappointed, thought it was going to be a goldmine for a second when I saw the Harry Potter sets. 

Guest eightbrick

I wouldn't suggest being dependent on foreign deals. The US is hands down the best place to find plentiful and cheap Lego. Countries where Lego isn't as popular can hold some interesting gems that are old and hard to find, but don't get disheartened if you can't find anything. When Lego hunting in a different country than what you are used to, your mileage may (read: will definitely) vary. Both metaphorically and literally. ;)

When Lego hunting in a different country than what you are used to, your mileage may (read: will definitely) vary. Both metaphorically and literally. ;)

When people phrase it as "your mileage may vary" still doesn't make any sense to me. Now saying "your experience may vary" makes sense but mileage? That's like me saying "I can run through the store in half a mile." :scratchhead: Or make the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs. :P

Guest eightbrick

When people phrase it as "your mileage may vary" still doesn't make any sense to me. Now saying "your experience may vary" makes sense but mileage? That's like me saying "I can run through the store in half a mile." :scratchhead: Or make the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs. :P

I always took it as a saying about different people/places different results by using the example of different gas mileages on vehicles? I don't know, it just means it won't be the same for everyone  :yes:

I always took it as a saying about different people/places different results by using the example of different gas mileages on vehicles? I don't know, it just means it won't be the same for everyone  :yes:

Right, different cars get varying mileages to the gallon. If I think of it that way then it makes sense sort of.

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm heading back to Bahrain and UAE in May, guess I'll check the Lego opportunities there...if there are any.

FYI... Dubai is VERY expensive, at least double UK prices.