New vs Used

stackables

I was looking at prices for some minifigs and was wondering what would constitute a new figure in comparison to a used figure when dealing with collectable minifigs.  Obviously if the figure is still in the package it is new but if you take it out of the package and don't play with it, is that still considered new?  With most of my figs, I just open the package and put them in mini ziplock bags.  Some I ensemble some I don't.  What makes a figure "new"?

All collectibles have a sort of industry standard. In Lego, generally if the parts (except minifigs) have never been assembled and are in new condition, most buyers and sellers on eBay, Bricklink, etc. consider the parts new. Minifigs assembled and promptly bagged/stored, ditto.

Because Lego parts being sold from kits, etc. must be handled for sorting, photos, shipping, mere handling of new parts only for the purpose of selling them does not make them used.

• Like 3