Greetings

Guest davewager78

Guest davewager78

New member here. Living in Cambridge UK

Just back into the little plastic bricks, after getting a camper van as a 35th birthday gift from my parents, about 4 weeks ago (that may sound weird, but i can assure you i am a relatively normal, functioning, member of society; 1 wife, 2 small kids, house, car, job etc).

Current interests building-wise are big sets - just finished Tower Bridge. Currently bricklinking a Taj Mahal. Back in the day (1980s) i was mostly a city & pirates fan, with some technic thrown in.

Investment-wise, i'm in the process of picking up modular buildings MISB, so far going back as far as the Fire Brigade. Also have 3 Tower Bridges, 2 more camper vans, and a few other bits and pieces

Guest davewager78

hello would be interested how the taj project turns out.  how many orders and total cost?   :)

The problem i'm having so far is that there are these white 2 x 2 turntable pieces. You need around 200. So far i've managed to bricklink 1! Very few sellers have, them, many only hold one, and the only seller with 200 wanted something like 180GBP for them. They also don't appear in many other sets, and if they do, the quantity is usually 1. I believe you can't buy them direct from Lego either. Other annoying thing is that you need them in the first few pages of the instructions :(

Apart from that i'm up to about 900-1000 parts for about 100GBP, making steady progress, carefully checking and bagging each other with the matching items. Buying new parts as much as possible, so if you were just hardcore for the build experience, it could definitely be done cheaper.

The problem bits above may get a substitution initially with simple 2 x 2 tiles, so i can at least get it built